Author Topic: BC crashes & other problems  (Read 1792 times)

Sandtrooper

BC crashes & other problems
« on: February 23, 2007, 10:09:14 PM »
It crashes to the desktop when I fire up QB (it runs if I delete a random ship plugin, but all my ships check out), and it's a big problem.

1st thing I do is do some HP modifications (like giving small craft dummie torps to work properlly)

then the game bombs,

I delete 2 plugins, it runs, I restore one of the plugin's former location in QB, it nukes again. and I'm very pissed off. (and all my mutators check out too, and it's nuking for no f---ing reason, and one hint is that it doesn't run the CD when it's gonna crash).

this all started after I put a ship in about 2 days ago

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: BC crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 05:01:40 AM »
What ship did you put in (link to BCFiles)?

Lately, there have been a couple of other threads in Technical Support with similar situations, please check them out.

*Moved*
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 06:26:35 AM »
(oh damm, wrong forum section :( )

It crashes to the desktop when I fire up QB (it runs if I delete a random ship plugin, but all my ships check out), and it's a big problem.

1st thing I do is do some HP modifications (like giving small craft dummie torps to work properlly)

then the game bombs,

I delete 2 plugins, it runs, I restore one of the plugin's former location in QB, it nukes again. and I'm very pissed off. (and all my mutators check out too, and it's nuking for no f---ing reason, and one hint is that it doesn't run the CD when it's gonna crash).

this all started after I put a ship in about 2 days ago

If, by chance, the new ship you added and having trouble with is Dr_McCoys_1701a retextured Victory Class, take a look at this thread,
http://teamlynxifer.co.uk/bcc/index.php/topic,850.0.html
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Sandtrooper

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 03:00:56 PM »
What ship did you put in (link to BCFiles)?

Lately, there have been a couple of other threads in Technical Support with similar situations, please check them out.

Started when I added the Winged Defender, and then it crashed after I added the Whitewind

Quote from: SuperSmeg
If, by chance, the new ship you added and having trouble with is Dr_McCoys_1701a retextured Victory Class, take a look at this thread,
http://teamlynxifer.co.uk/bcc/index.php/topic,850.0.html

I already have 2 ships that have Victory as the class name (DJCurtis's Vimy Ridge and the Victory SD I), so if I added that wonderful retexture, I would have 3 ships named Victory...

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 03:51:55 PM »
Check for duplicate files in all your recent installs. Sounds like a couple of the ships have the same file names.

Sandtrooper

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 07:42:48 PM »
Quote from: Elminster
Check for duplicate files

I deleted one plugin (and the game works for some odd reason), I added an Intrepid, and no problems after...

Now for some other problems I have:

At some point, the F9 key doesn't work (like I press it once, I get flybys, if I want to go tac mode again, it doesn't work, and this problem pops up at random times (and have to go into tac mode via the bridge), and the other view keys don't work at the same time..)

And how do you make BC jump straight to the main menu and not playing any intro movies?

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
Re: BC crashes & other problems
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 05:50:06 AM »
And how do you make BC jump straight to the main menu and not playing any intro movies?

Press space or escape, both work for me.