Author Topic: I need some 3D Help...  (Read 309 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
I need some 3D Help...
« on: December 27, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »
I do know that requests for mods and tutorials dont often get answered but i want to try and model the inferno myself and actually get some experience on 3ds max and modeling ships for BC and get more involved with my mods instead of getting loads of people to help me out, all i need to know is how id go about getting the overall shape of the ship as cleanly as possible way with ease. any advise, tutorials and videos are welcome, i just wanna start work on another ship while im still in the mood to, i dont even care if the help is on the basic shapes of the ship, thats all id need.

The source design for the inferno can be found here: http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,8208.msg164499.html#msg164499

please try and help me out, i dont want to depend on others too much this time.

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
Re: I need some 3D Help...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »
I think the problem you had there mate might have been asking too much with not a huge amount to give. My advice would be to download some meshes, and study there form.. look at the way they are connected together and they way shapes flow together. I would suggest you download DJ's models and any models by ADONIS as he is a mesh nerd and builds them to a high standard. Not to say everyone else does not, but thats all I can confirm  :thumbsup:

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
Re: I need some 3D Help...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
I think the problem you had there mate might have been asking too much with not a huge amount to give. My advice would be to download some meshes, and study there form.. look at the way they are connected together and they way shapes flow together. I would suggest you download DJ's models and any models by ADONIS as he is a mesh nerd and builds them to a high standard. Not to say everyone else does not, but thats all I can confirm  :thumbsup:

pretty much what i did. i wouldnt know HALF the tricks i know other than to study others meshes.

i went to school at ITT tech to learn game design, i learned MORE here than in the classroom..... SERIOUSLY.

you know that if you need any help from me to ask, just open your mouth homie.
i may not be around as much as i want to, but ill drop in a HEARTBEAT to help someone along, just as much around here will do.

Rules i was taught in school that i STILL follow by
100% of my models start out as this : 2 cylinders. (basic shapes)
there is NO SET 100% way to do anything in Max or Gmax, there is USUALLY another way to build a mesh, ANIMATION, and some aspects of scripting are the ONLY exceptions to the rule, it is TRULY your world.
start looking at things in real time, and imagine how the mesh would be built in 3d, and the basic shapes that construct it, this WILL help.
WE ARE ILLUSIONISTS. To the FINEST DEGREE, we make things LOOK how we want them. this does not imply that they MUST be that way.
I.e. i can make my textures to APPEAR as though the paneling is raised... though the mesh is FLAT in that area.

any other questions, just PM me, and ill get to you as soon as i have INT access.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15