Author Topic: After installing Foundation BC seems to run accelerated  (Read 383 times)

Offline EDolosa4

• Cookies: 1
After installing Foundation BC seems to run accelerated
« on: January 02, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »

Just installed the basic Bridge Commander and 1.1 patch. And then with BCUT used it's install of the latest Foundation.

Then when I started running Bridge Commander, the game started normal from the movie clips. But then past that when on to the bridge scene, I notice that everything seems to be moving in accelerated time. Though the sounds do sound normal. The movements of the crew are just "fast". It's like the only one that's not in this time warp is myself. Even trying out a normal single player game makes things seem faster.

Has anyone else seen this kind of thing before?

I don't seem to recall having this problem years ago when I ran Bridge Commander and the older foundation.

My system specs:
Hardware: Athlon X2 64 Dual core with an ATI Radeon X800 256M RAM on video card. The system memory is 4Gigs DDR2 RAM.
Software: Using Windows XP Home (not-64bit) with SP3.

Offline EDolosa4

• Cookies: 1
Re: After installing Foundation BC seems to run accelerated
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 12:26:18 AM »
I got it solved. I even got beyond the BSOD with cursor. I just followed the thread here about how to get beyond the Black Screen Of Death with the cursor.

All along it was my system needed rebooting that's causing the somewhat erratic high speed movements.

Now to try to configure NanoFX2 so that I don't end up crashing to desktop. I guess only certain mutators can be active all at the same time.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: After installing Foundation BC seems to run accelerated
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 12:28:42 AM »
all mutators can be enabled at once.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.