Author Topic: sov chairs & doors moving/animation problems  (Read 759 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
sov chairs & doors moving/animation problems
« on: January 14, 2012, 05:34:57 AM »
Doubt very much anyone will know answer to this but worth a shot as driving me nuts  :banghead:   On new NemBridge model working on, when I click on crew member, they turn as expected but for some off reason their chair flies off set.  Kiska, for example, you can see her chair floating out in space in viewscreen  :)   Similar thing happens with liftdoors. They open automatically, but shoot out into space.  Bizarre.   It shouldn't be an issue with scripting/animation as I'm using same technique successful with other bridges.  Shouldn't be xyz or anything else as NemBridge built on base structure of stock E bridge.   Just racking my brains to think what might be.  The thing I can think is that it might  be something to do with way stock bridge built.  But any inspired suggestions welcome  :)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
Re: sov chairs & doors moving/animation problems
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 08:55:00 AM »
I had similar problem with the twok bridge. The science chair flew to the helm.

I just deleted the nif and did it again and that solved it.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 08:11:49 PM »
Sounds like another thing that adjusting the object's axes would fix. If the object's axis of rotation is off-centre, the scripts may be rotating them around a point well away from where it should be. I still can't offer any advice as to how to do that in max, though - sorry!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »
would make a great quick-vid to see lol

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 05:15:49 AM »
Thanks for feedback  :thumbsup:

Well, as often happens nowadays, I delay posting a problem, then as soon as I do, I stumble across the solution.  The problem was to do with the Gamma/Normal helper dummies.  As soon as I unlinked objects from them, problem solved. 

Mods - can we lock/delete/move to solved (whichever is appropriate).