Author Topic: If starfleet had gotten a stargate, what would the LCARS status screen look like  (Read 842 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
well this  :D

the idea just popped into my head while watching TNG on CBS Action after i watched some Stargate Atlantis, lemme know what you guys think, as its my first LCARS screen ever, made in flash.

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
I approve this.  :thumbsup:
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
I like it.  You should also include an area that also gives the name and location of the planet that is being dialed.  By that I mean, granted, you know a gate address, but the LCARS would translate that gate address into standard Starfleet stellar coordinates.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
I like it.  You should also include an area that also gives the name and location of the planet that is being dialed.  By that I mean, granted, you know a gate address, but the LCARS would translate that gate address into standard Starfleet stellar coordinates.
I am hoping to expand on the system but first ive got other status screens to post as a still .png file which will be below, if anyone wants to give me a hand with this little idea im more than happy to let you, who knows, maybe we can make it an interactive program that has an LCARS DHD console and with each different type of gate and network and symbols. anyways heres what ive been able to do.

IDLE

DIALING

CONNECTED

INCOMING

DIALED

hope you enjoy!

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/
I like it. I think the boxes with the symbols are way too red/orange, especially in the incoming wormehole. Maybe some type of green in the outgoing in yellow in the incoming...

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
yeah i wasnt sure on that so i actually use the sort of warning signals the SGC had.

EDIT: the orange is actually part of the PDW Lcars colour scheme (thx to bones) the red is the extra colour

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
yeah i wasnt sure on that so i actually use the sort of warning signals the SGC had.

EDIT: the orange is actually part of the PDW Lcars colour scheme (thx to bones) the red is the extra colour

Lol, the color scheme felt familiar to me :P

You know, you could make the chevron lock boxes in a tidier order so they are leveled and make them more LCARS like, simple boxes colored just as LCARS filled with same color but without the line coming from chevron.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
since i got a new laptop i dont have flash on it and i still need to transfer my files from my old HDD to this new one at some point, i agree on tidying up the alignment of the boxes, but as for getting rid of the line i feel it would generate a little confusion as to which chevron is which, the way i have it set up, even the simplest of minds can tell which chevron is which, but ill see if i can come up with a new concept once all my files are transfered.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
fair point, might get confusing

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
how exactly did you make this?  are these all from scratch?
i swear these look familiar somehow...

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
how exactly did you make this?  are these all from scratch?
i swear these look familiar somehow...

These are from scratch, the only thing i didnt make were images of the gates, which were taken from the stargate wiki and are free to use, the LCARS interface was just me playing around in flash and using the LCARS guide that's around on the net while watching an episode of TNG.

The colour scheme is courtesy of Bones.