Author Topic: Exosquad  (Read 543 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
Exosquad
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »
Anyone remember this show? Thanks to youtube I've been able to reconnect with my childhood with alot of my favorite shows, exosquad being one of the major ones. I remember I loved this show growing up, but I'm watching it now as a adult and I realized this show is very dark at times and extremely well written for a childrens show. I've gotten nearly through the whole show now and its cool to see how the dynamic of the story evolved, from pheaton going from a the great neosapian leader to mentally breaking down and becoming a paranoid egomaniac. I also like how his top generals went from trying to over throw him to take over to wanting to kill him because they knew he lost his marbles and will kill them all. I was to young to understand what was going on, but I got to say this is a great show. I would love to find a real deal DVD box set

Offline Psyco Diver

Re: Exosquad
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:47:55 PM »
I guess no one watched this show as a kid?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:11:41 AM »
first off, if this is the show I'm thinking of ("power Extreme"?), then no, I'm probably it.  the majority of guys here are either Europeans, and didn't get it, or were too busy making out in the back seat of their 80 something Camaros with their girlfreinds (or, if they were REALLY unlucky, they had to borrow mom's wagon).

if your user name is any indication, we probably had the same figure :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 12:29:45 AM »
Never heard of power extreme, are you refering to Centurians? The show I was talking about came out in the early 90s and I noticed the bell curve of age tends to run around my age group meaning they would have been young when this show came out (25-35 year olds). Also being a scifi-esc show, I put it in the "other scifi" forum because I know it has nothing to do with trek. On top of that, I noticed quiet a few people like odd ball shows from back in the 80s and early 90s around here so I figured I would bring it up :hithead: Although I did watch centurians some growing up, exosquad was a more dark and involved story line while centurians took on a GI-Joe/transformers "positive everything is ok at the end of the episode" style approach (Not dissing those shows either, I loved them too growing up). Maybe I should have posted this in the general forum?

BTW have you ever been in the back seat of a camaro? There is NO room for a single adult let alone 2, best thing was to fold down the back seat, it made the back in to a nice bed area, its like GM planned it in advanced :angel Although a wagon would have made moving around alot easier

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 06:40:29 AM »
a lot of the action shows get conflated in my head (i DID sneak a few toons in between shifts washing dishes)
*wikis*
hmm...i can see why it might have gotten combined in my head, but I can tell you right now...I've never even heard of it. Universal tried to compete with Anime?  really? bwahahaha.

i was in an entirely different Genre in the early and mid ninties, had begun drawing like a nut and running RPG's while doing dishes, and driving for the first time.  this show was probably Syndicated Cable...and where I was, you still had Antenna TV to deal with :P

yes, I've seen the back seat of an F3 camaro, but you forget, people were HALF the size they are now in the eighties.  both weight and Heightwise  the younger baby Boomers were the ones I was thinking of, and they weren't exactly 6 foot 6 and 250 lbs apiece in the eighties.  the Growth Hormones they injected into the beef in the 70's and 80's were working on the then 10 year old generation X and infant Generation Y.  people were still making babies in the backs of beetles!
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet