Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 6851 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2012, 12:59:53 PM »
I don't know.  I sure didn't see Garrus or Ash lying in a pool of their own blood.  They kinda stick out.

Also, the Normandy isn't the Enterprise.  I don't think that she's built for extended engagements.  Joker might not have had much choice, especially after hearing that Hammer went down.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2012, 01:48:55 PM »
Also, the Normandy isn't the Enterprise.

Nope. She's much prettier. >:3

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »

I see what you did  there :bitch:

but yeah, this is the first ship since many years I really liked, both SR-1 and 2 (especially 2) are really sexy looking ships !

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »

Can't quite agree with you.  As far as sci-fi ships go, the NCC-1701 is still at the top of my list, all three variations of her.  THEN the Normandy SR-1 and 2.  Then the Enterprise-E.  Then Serenity.  Then the rest of the Enterprises. :P

Either way, the Normandy was a stealth recon ship.  And while she does have teeth, she also doesn't have a lot of space for spare ammunition for those big guns Garrus spends all his time calibrating.  And I doubt the Normandy spent the entire fight flying in circles.

Here's an idea.  Harbinger is gone when Shep regains consciousness.  Perhaps your team members watched you get blasted, assumed you were dead, called the Normandy for pick-up of what few survivors were there, and then Joker punched it with Harbinger right behind.  I'd say having Harbinger right on your ass would be worth a Mass jump, wouldn't you?

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2012, 02:16:27 AM »
Can't quite agree with you.  As far as sci-fi ships go, the NCC-1701 is still at the top of my list, all three variations of her.  THEN the Normandy SR-1 and 2.  Then the Enterprise-E.  Then Serenity.  Then the rest of the Enterprises. :P

Either way, the Normandy was a stealth recon ship.  And while she does have teeth, she also doesn't have a lot of space for spare ammunition for those big guns Garrus spends all his time calibrating.  And I doubt the Normandy spent the entire fight flying in circles.

Here's an idea.  Harbinger is gone when Shep regains consciousness.  Perhaps your team members watched you get blasted, assumed you were dead, called the Normandy for pick-up of what few survivors were there, and then Joker punched it with Harbinger right behind.  I'd say having Harbinger right on your ass would be worth a Mass jump, wouldn't you?

yeah that makes sense.

Serenity ? I googled the ship and it lead me to a tv series - Firefly, and amovie - Serenity. Now my question is - is it more like Andromeda or B5 or any other sci-fi series ?

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2012, 02:43:29 AM »
Firefly is a sci-fi/western series created by Joss Whedon that only ran for 11 out of 14 episodes on Fox.  Fox didn't show much faith in the show, giving it a crummy time slot, hurting the show's ratings, and then axing it early.  It's not like Andromeda or B5 to me, but then I haven't seen too much of those.  It's a small ship with a small crew with small problems.  Kind of the polar opposite of the Normandy or Enterprise.  It's definitely one of my favorite sci-fi shows/movies, so I say give it a watch.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2012, 05:12:48 AM »
Sounds great :) I'll try it then... too bad it's cancelled already, last time I liked SGU, I discovered near the end of the 2nd season it's been cancelled  :\

Offline Saquist

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »
I like SR-1 better.  It's design is funcational.
SR-2 is fairly ridiculous with the Engines sliding up the wings which is quite impossible with a delta wing design.  I was glad when ME3 didn't continue that concept.  Now it just looks like a Stream lined 777.  But that's why I like the SR-1 because it looks like a space ship and it's movable parts make more sense.

(Did I say how bad the interior layout of the SR-2 is?)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:13 AM »
I like SR-1 better.  It's design is funcational.
SR-2 is fairly ridiculous with the Engines sliding up the wings which is quite impossible with a delta wing design.  I was glad when ME3 didn't continue that concept.  Now it just looks like a Stream lined 777.  But that's why I like the SR-1 because it looks like a space ship and it's movable parts make more sense.

(Did I say how bad the interior layout of the SR-2 is?)

Well, SR-2 is supposed to be civilian ship and it indeed look like a futuristic airplane, while I liked the interiors in ME 2, ME3 seemed a little bit too much for the overal width... schematic of fail, I quickly made should point out what I mean :P

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2012, 02:47:03 AM »
It's a TARDIS!  :funny

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »
it would seem so  :funny

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2012, 04:14:35 PM »
What's sad is that by decreasing the size of that hallway between the little Enterprise-style conference room and the war-room, and by moving the comm room clockwise to about 9o'clock, they wouldn't have had to TARDIS the hell out of the thing.  Either that or the Alliance knows how to stretch space.

Part of me does miss the ME2 interiors.  So much more refined.  The Alliance really did a number on the CIC deck before Shep got back to the Normandy.  Would've been nice if those three engineers you have on board could have finished the refits as the story progressed. :idk:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »
What's sad is that by decreasing the size of that hallway between the little Enterprise-style conference room and the war-room, and by moving the comm room clockwise to about 9o'clock, they wouldn't have had to TARDIS the hell out of the thing.  Either that or the Alliance knows how to stretch space.

Part of me does miss the ME2 interiors.  So much more refined.  The Alliance really did a number on the CIC deck before Shep got back to the Normandy.  Would've been nice if those three engineers you have on board could have finished the refits as the story progressed. :idk:

So true :)

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2012, 08:24:02 PM »
Then again, they seemed more worried about whether they would be vaporized or not.  Wusses.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2012, 02:18:43 AM »
Okay, it's been a while since this thread has had activity, and I hate double posting, but the Extended Cut came out today.  Here are my impressions.  Warning, SPOILERS!

Still here?  Okay.

Well, I was glad that they showed Joker coming to pick up my team-mates. I was afraid the game'd just kill them off, so I picked my least favorite team-mates, ie. Ashley and James. Lots of small touches, such as Joker being pretty much forced to leave, and the fact that the Normandy's engines don't get ripped to pieces is good in my book. Also, the Mass Relays don't go boom. I really liked that you could question the Catalyst over everything, and the comparison to a "cleansing fire" really put the whole thing in perspective. And the extra epilogue. I grinned when I realized that EDI was narrating it. I loved seeing the Reapers actually helping. I loved seeing that there were signs that all the planets, especially Tuchanka, were being rebuilt. And I loved seeing the little cute baby krogan. And then the memorial wall. FUCK. I knew Liara was going to be devastated by Shepard's loss, but seeing that even EDI was breaking down...damn. And then the Normandy lifting off to fly away into the sunset was bittersweet.  Brief impressions of the other endings: 1) The refusal ending is kind of a big F-you to everything you did.  The Reapers win and the next cycle finds Liara's recordings.  2) The destroy ending shows that there's a bit more hardship that they have to endure and is narrated by Hackett.  It's not as personal.  I don't know if it happens if EDI was your most popular team-mate since they're always safe, but her name is on the memorial wall.  3) The control ending is narrated by the Reaper Collective, near as I can tell.  With Shepard's voice.  The Reapers rebuild everything and then take up the task of protecting everything.  So if anyone ever fucks with the galaxy, nobody needs to worry, they have a fleet of gigantic robot bugs.

All in all...I am so glad to have this game. I loved it even before this, and this confirmed everything I had been surmising.

\Watching the other endings on IGN and getting ads for the Navy narrated by Admiral Anderson. WIN.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2012, 04:22:36 AM »
SPOILERS

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comments on your analysis, Shadow.
EDI narrated the synthesis ending because she and Joker represent the union of synthetic and organic.  Hackett narrated the destroy ending because he's the military leader, on a mission to destroy the reapers.  And Shepard narrates the control ending because he was effectively downloaded into the Reapers.  This is how he controls them.  Ironically, this really makes him a shepherd, as he's controlling an entire race basically.

There's a theory that a super high galactic readiness score might make the refusal ending actually worthwhile.  Maybe further DLC will expand on this.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2012, 11:43:23 AM »
Refusal ending? didn't realise there was one..
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2012, 12:10:55 PM »
It was added with the Extended Cut DLC.  You turn and shoot the Catalyst, then all the Reapers speak through him and say, "SO BE IT."  The Crucible shuts down and the implication is the Reapers bowl over everything and all that's left is Liara's time capsules for the next cycle.

But thanks to the extended cut, I'm now torn between Synthesis(my original choice) and Control.  The original endings didn't quite explain WHAT the Reapers were doing, but the extended version shows that not only do they help rebuild, they become the galaxy's protectors.  And the thought of that is rather awesome.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2012, 12:22:27 PM »
SPOILER

If you want Shepard to live, might I suggest control?  Picture this:  Make a male version of EDI's body, and Shepard can download into that.  Bingo, Shepard is alive, immortal, in control of all the reapers, and is the ultimate protector of the galaxy. ;)

Plus, no one is forced to do anything.  No turning into a cyborg thanks to an energy wave.  Everyone can stay nice and fleshy.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2012, 12:51:50 PM »
Well, in Synthesis, Shep's DNA is in everything, surely a knowledgeable enough scientist could use that.  Plus, no one seemed to be broken up about having been joined with synthetics.  And they still seem to be fleshy, just with a circuit pattern on them now.

Also, baby krogans are apparently adorable.  Who knew.

To Boldly Go...Again.