Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 6846 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: Mass Effect 3
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2012, 08:16:28 PM »
Just did the synthesis ending.  Given the choices I've made throughout ME2 and 3, I don't think that either of the other choices work for me.  Destroying all synthetics, while that would eliminate the reapers, would also kill EDI and the geth.  I personally wouldn't feel right doing that considering that Shep helps both of them gain a sense of self and individuality.  Sentencing them to death just doesn't feel right.  As for controlling the reapers...that doesn't seem like the option for me either.  Synthesis seems the most likely to give a chance for lasting peace.  And in my opinion, that's the only option that doesn't screw the galaxy when the Mass Relays blow up.  Working together, I could see the organics and synthetics rebuilding the relay network.  As for the Normandy's fate...she didn't seem too badly beat up on landing.  Probably Joker's fine touch.  And assuming the entire crew survives, then I can't think of any reason that they couldn't get the ship up and going again.  Not to mention that if the Normandy were wrecked beyond all possibility of repair, EDI would be screwed anyways.

And Shep?  I don't understand how the only endings where Shepard survives are destruction endings.  If you destroy all synthetic life, then that would definitely kill Shepard since he/she is at least partly synthetic thanks to the Lazarus Project.  Personally, I am a bit curious about my squadmates.  Though the whole thing during the charge towards the beam seemed a bit too...convenient.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2012, 01:48:20 AM »
Just did the synthesis ending.  Given the choices I've made throughout ME2 and 3, I don't think that either of the other choices work for me.  Destroying all synthetics, while that would eliminate the reapers, would also kill EDI and the geth.  I personally wouldn't feel right doing that considering that Shep helps both of them gain a sense of self and individuality.  Sentencing them to death just doesn't feel right.  As for controlling the reapers...that doesn't seem like the option for me either.  Synthesis seems the most likely to give a chance for lasting peace.  And in my opinion, that's the only option that doesn't screw the galaxy when the Mass Relays blow up.  Working together, I could see the organics and synthetics rebuilding the relay network.  As for the Normandy's fate...she didn't seem too badly beat up on landing.  Probably Joker's fine touch.  And assuming the entire crew survives, then I can't think of any reason that they couldn't get the ship up and going again.  Not to mention that if the Normandy were wrecked beyond all possibility of repair, EDI would be screwed anyways.

And Shep?  I don't understand how the only endings where Shepard survives are destruction endings.  If you destroy all synthetic life, then that would definitely kill Shepard since he/she is at least partly synthetic thanks to the Lazarus Project.  Personally, I am a bit curious about my squadmates.  Though the whole thing during the charge towards the beam seemed a bit too...convenient.

Now I remember that creepy kid warned Shepard that he will die too upon destroying all synthetics as he is also partly synthetic so it doesn't make any sense at all even more (yes kids that means I was right :D ).My second playthrough is on the way, I'm aiming for total paragon (hard but might get it right) and 5000 war assets, then I'm gonna charge again and see how dialog with TIM & Anderson turns out, I heard that if you have 5000 WA, and you can either renegade or paragon TIM on citadel throughout whole dialog scene, you can save Anderson and have a clearer ending (whatever that means) although I don;t see the point of saving Anderson if everything blows up anyway  :idk:

See ... this ending is awesome... for one playthrough ... then after second, you start doublecheking if you did it right, then you search the net just to find out everything leads to the same ending ... replayability suffers awfully. It's kinda like watching Titanic, hoping this time Thunderbirds will come and rescue poor Jack and all the passengers  :lostit:

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2012, 08:12:26 AM »
Anderson was supposed to be killed by TIM? :lostit:
[In my play-through
Spoiler: show
I was the one who shot Anderson (under reaper influence not by choice) but TIM went bonkers shortly after and shot himself.  Anderson then succumbs to his wounds a few mins later when you both sit down to enjoy the view.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »
Anderson was supposed to be killed by TIM? :lostit:
[In my play-through
Spoiler: show
I was the one who shot Anderson (under reaper influence not by choice) but TIM went bonkers shortly after and shot himself.  Anderson then succumbs to his wounds a few mins later when you both sit down to enjoy the view.

Same here.  But if you don't convince him to shoot himself, he finishes Anderson himself.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2012, 01:51:57 AM »
When I played, renegade action was available which allowed me to shot TIM, but he shots Anderson first, then I shot - I was talking about this shot, not the one when Shepard is being controlled by TIM and shots Anderson... but I guess it's no use if he bleeds out minutes later anyway ... damn I hate this about ME3 ending, you can?t make and difference, it's a bit too linear... still it's better than 'everyone lives happily ever after' ending :P

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2012, 02:03:17 AM »
When I played, renegade action was available which allowed me to shot TIM, but he shots Anderson first, then I shot - I was talking about this shot, not the one when Shepard is being controlled by TIM and shots Anderson... but I guess it's no use if he bleeds out minutes later anyway ... damn I hate this about ME3 ending, you canąt make and difference, it's a bit too linear... still it's better than 'everyone lives happily ever after' ending :P

I'm going to be perfectly frank here.  There was absolutely NO WAY IN HELL that ANYONE was going to be satisfied with ME3's ending.  Even if there was "perfect" closure, someone would gripe and bitch and moan about something.  I fully expected Shepard to die to save the galaxy from the reapers.  And I have to agree with Bones, I don't think there's any way he or she could have survived unless that last section of the game was in Shepard's dying mind.  In which case, he or she is dying anyways.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2012, 08:40:57 AM »
You are right, there was/is no way for a "please everyone" or a "live happy ever after"  Ending.
And considering there seem to be some who are not satisfied with Thanes death, there really were absurdly high expectations (I think, how they ended him was the best way possible).
But Still, the (current?) End just doesn't fit to the rest of the game in such an extreme way that it is hard for me to believe it was intended that way.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2012, 12:09:36 PM »
Thane was going to die and it was going to be either he dies in bed completely peacefully, or he goes out like the badass he is.  Personally I feel that his death was worthwhile.  Not to mention Shepard gets Kai Leng back for it.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
Thanes death was excellent, powerful storytelling at its finest.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »
Aye, that be true, Thane's and Mordin's deaths were made in the best possible way, I think I liked Mordin's sacrifice even more, sad but soo well done !

in my first playthrough I've choose wrong dialog option when talking with Legion and Tali, got to say it lead to one of the saddest parts in the game (Quarian fleet obliterated by Geth, Tali commits suicide)

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »
in my first playthrough I've choose wrong dialog option when talking with Legion and Tali, got to say it lead to one of the saddest parts in the game (Quarian fleet obliterated by Geth, Tali commits suicide)

Oh man that must have been the most lowest point in the game apart from the "ending".

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2012, 01:24:25 PM »
Aye, that be true, Thane's and Mordin's deaths were made in the best possible way, I think I liked Mordin's sacrifice even more, sad but soo well done !

Ouch.  Luckily I had the option to rally the fleet and make peace between the two races.  If I hadn't had the option, I would have saved the quarians over the geth.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2012, 02:28:28 PM »
Hehe luckily I had my game quicksaved at the reaper chase so I could fix my choice to see both Quarians and Geth united :)

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2012, 01:08:26 AM »
The only reason I've seen that cutscene was because I watched it on YouTube.  I don't think I could have made that decision twice, to completely ignore the Quarians, not after what all Tali had done for the Normandy.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »
The only part that really hit me was legions death.  I united the quarians and the geth but legion had to sacrifice himself.
The only time I have ever shed a tear over a game!
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2012, 12:32:33 PM »
Yeah, Legion dies no matter what.  Even if you'd turned him over to Cerberus, you end up having to kill him at Cerberus HQ.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »
Same with Mordin, no matter if you hold the info about Salarian deception about the cure or tell about it at the beginning, Mordin dies.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »
Same with Mordin, no matter if you hold the info about Salarian deception about the cure or tell about it at the beginning, Mordin dies.

Wrong.  You CAN save Mordin.  You just convince him to delay curing the genophage for now if your renegade is high enough, but this will eventually lead to Wrex finding out and withdrawing krogan support, and then Wrex attacks Shepard, leading to his death.  Alternately, if Wrex was killed, Maelon's data wasn't saved, Eve dies, and the genophage cure was sabotaged, you get Mordin to live, get salarian support, and krogan support under Urdnot Wreav.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 05:34:55 PM »
One way or another got kill someone to get it done. I like it that way, makes you double think the choice

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »
Indeed, and while I hate that Mordin had to die, I feel like it was the best outcome.  Even for him.  He was at peace with himself at the end.

To Boldly Go...Again.