Author Topic: A Federation Warbird???  (Read 1424 times)

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
Re: A Federation Warbird???
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »
I was being facetious...that being said I have a HUGE P81 soft spot
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 07:24:14 AM »
knox's textures would be a lot better looking if the guy had saved the things in a high-resolution format or the art program's native format at any point. you can tell he put a lot of work, love, and effort into them.  the problem is, he also shrunk the dang things to oblivion so that they're all one blurry smear.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 05:19:35 PM »
You must remember though that P81 had made models and textures for a different game, with a very different set of standards, and quite a few of his models that are still being used to some degree were made before BC was even created.  Back then, any kind of map over 512x512 was considered very high res, and considered a drain on system resources, which would cause game lag.

I know there was a set of high res textures by P81 created, that had pretty decent quality, but I have no idea where they are, or who has them.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2012, 12:00:57 PM »
I meant saved as in saved them somewhere else for later or for repairs or something.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 12:25:55 AM »
i think youre right, Neb...  or perhaps it was started and never finished, i dont know...
but i seem to recall thaat also being not too easy on the eyes to look at lol

I started on something that looked a lot like that around that time... I don't think I have any renders on this system. It was one of a bunch of concepts I threw together to start developing. I made a Vor'Cha replacement that drew a bit of attention, but I fell at the texturing hurdle, and it never saw general release.

I had a lot of issues converting my work, and eventually lost interest in trying - which is a pity, but there it is. I really should try and learn MAX some day soon.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!