Author Topic: Zander Class heavy cruiser / Deep Space Exploration WIP  (Read 2676 times)

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
Re: Zander Class heavy cruiser / Deep Space Exploration WIP
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 02:56:19 PM »
With that fantail, you could put shuttle bays on the sides.
Looks cool so far.  :thumbsup:

Tim

sounds like an interesting idea, but with the nacelles there that would make for an interesting take off in a shuttle.
BUT, if you do a drop down style, or a flat side mount style, it would solve that.

i could easily see this design turned into a carrier.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Joe

• Cookies: 11
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 06:49:54 PM »
sounds like an interesting idea, but with the nacelles there that would make for an interesting take off in a shuttle.
BUT, if you do a drop down style, or a flat side mount style, it would solve that.

i could easily see this design turned into a carrier.

Hmm, better stay true to the original design for now just because my buddy came up with the original idea. Maybe my next ship will be a carrier and incorporate some of these designs.

-Joe

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2012, 08:10:35 PM »
I think the deflector may be too large, depending on the era of course.  Also feel free to add more polies.  Hero-type ships, like your Galaxies, Sovereigns, or fan designs like the Centuries or Lunas, generally are around twenty thousand polygons these days.

Offline Joe

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »
Yeah I have been super paranoid about the poly count. I was aiming for 12-15k when all is said and done. There is still so much to do.

As far as the deflector is concerned, its supposed to be similar to the ambassador class in terms of size / hull ratio. It's a big ship so those navigational shields have a lot of real estate to cover. That was the mentality anyway.

-Joe

Offline Joe

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2012, 08:34:37 PM »
the saucer is attached and the detail is starting to show. I think I should have gone about it differently though. I have been trying to make it all from one solid piece when it would have been much easier to make individual components and attach them together after. I may break the saucer apart and start over that way.

Offline Eloi

• Cookies: 67
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 09:34:10 PM »
I really like that top profile, though the deflector looks huge to me.
USS Scott download - http://bit.ly/Y4pmbR