Author Topic: Warp Sounds  (Read 647 times)

Offline DMWalsh79

• Cookies: 8
Warp Sounds
« on: April 17, 2012, 01:01:32 AM »
I do apologize if this is a topic that has been discussed before but....

Where in the scripts do we alter the sounds a ship makes when it jumps to warp?  I like the SFRD TMP Warp SFX and would like to add those to all of my TMP era ships, if possible.
"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends" W.B. Yeats

"When one is dealing with monsters, He must take care not to become one himself" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
Re: Warp Sounds
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 04:16:49 AM »
Tiqhud set all the scripts up for the SFRD ships well mine anyway.

You have to assign the ship to a specific race to have custom warp sounds. In this case SFRD.

If you grab one of our TMP ships and look at the plug in and the sound def and copy over the parts need it should automaticly work if you have the SFRD engineering pack installed. Since your hearing the TMP sounds with our ships then you must already have it.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 08:01:25 AM »
there's been some trouble with that, Baz.  One version of KM worked with it, the other didn't.  tiq did remind me, though, that my comp may have something to do with that.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 01:23:54 PM »
tiq did remind me, though, that my comp may have something to do with that.
how would your computer have anything to do what that???

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
tiq theorizes that my install is so loaded that not everything can work at the same time.  I have similar problems with nano FX and tack on scripts like the warp light up sequence or the one for the custom warp sounds.  I couldn't get the custom warp sounds to work in an older version of KM, but when I made a new install and put a newer KM in, it did work.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline DMWalsh79

• Cookies: 8
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 03:16:23 PM »
Thanks Baz!  I'll give that a go and see if I can change it with out fragging my install.
"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends" W.B. Yeats

"When one is dealing with monsters, He must take care not to become one himself" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 04:49:31 PM »
tiq theorizes that my install is so loaded that not everything can work at the same time.
lol no offense to tiq but that is the silliest thing i have ever heard and is not correct in any way...
if something is not working, it is a script error or conflict - not because of how many things you have in your install...
a console report would tell you what is going wrong, or even better: ask here...
as much as i respect tiq, i have observed over the years that alot of the time his diagnosis of an error in BC is just way off and not correct...

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 07:53:04 PM »
If we're talking about sounds not playing it's probably the encoding of the file(s).
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »
*chuckle* no, jimmy.  you don't have 95 running items, intrusive anti-virus, anti-spy, and ISP "help" services competing with windows for a 2 gig celeron with a single core and only 1.5 gig of ram.  besides, my bc folder on the comp is running 12 gig of goodies, and the only thing shutting down BC on me lately is the innate memory leak in the game engine that eats 90 percent of the memory for itself (it's peaked at over 500k)

you've gotta give tiq some leeway because of his age, his generation, and his health status.

anyway, hope the Warp Sounds worked!
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read