Author Topic: Romulan D'deridex  (Read 606 times)

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Romulan D'deridex
« on: May 07, 2012, 04:31:06 PM »
Can someone point me to, in your opinion, the most accurately modeled D'deridex class Romulan Warbird released for Bridge Commander?  I can only think of two off-hand, TheUnknown's and LC's, and I'm not sure which is better.  I'm not looking for anything really besides model accuracy - has the best detail, matches the studio model, etc.

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
Re: Romulan D'deridex
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 04:44:18 PM »
Can someone point me to, in your opinion, the most accurately modeled D'deridex class Romulan Warbird released for Bridge Commander?  I can only think of two off-hand, TheUnknown's and LC's, and I'm not sure which is better.  I'm not looking for anything really besides model accuracy - has the best detail, matches the studio model, etc.

TU's matches the Studio model whilst LC's is more leaning to the CGI DS9 version.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »
TU's matches the Studio model whilst LC's is more leaning to the CGI DS9 version.

Agreed.

They're both equally as good, just different variations.

You won't get any better Warbirds than these two.

Offline zgok

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:16:14 AM »
TU's Warbird is also correctly dimensioned in comparison to the Studio, and CGI models,in particular on the twin hull. LC's D'deridex twin hull is squished looking. Also i find TU's Hardpoint to be more canon in that the pulses fire from the correct spot, the Forward "beak" disruptor Array. It is also more detailed than LC's Warbirds, including details from the Original studio model so in the end i would recommend The Unknowns Warbird as the best D'deridex for Bridge Commander.

Offline FarShot

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 08:17:57 PM »
Here's why I was asking:  I'm thinking of making a new D'deridex class, or rather something that's too different to call a D'deridex.  When Probert first sketched the D'deridex:

...it included some details that didn't make it to the studio model.  Already addressed by TheUnknown were the impulse engines and bridge.  But some other details were the upper wing's superstructure (it wasn't just a smooth surface with a bird pattern, it had levels and substance), the top bulge was more significant, there was more structure aft of the bays, and the nacelles were much more aggressive looking.  So here's my revised D'deridex.  It's like how the Proto-Ambassador was different from the final model.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 09:09:15 PM »
i like that design!  the ship looks more menacing, IMO...
ill go ahead and move this thread to BC Modding forum since this is a project youll be taking on :)

Offline FarShot

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »
Whoa, calm down there, Jimmy. :P  When I do get to it, it'll be in the FSB Shipyards thread.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »
ok ill move it back then...

Offline zgok

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 11:59:26 PM »
This sounds like a very good idea, it could be the A type D'deridex (TU's D'deridex, and the ones in TNG, DS9, and Voyager are B-type D'deridex) Could be given weaker stats then the B-type. I am imagining pitting it against the Proto-Ambassador  :evil: You deserve a cookie for the sheer mention of your eventual plans. :)