Author Topic: bcfiles.com  (Read 704 times)

Offline Shadow91

• Cookies: 1
bcfiles.com
« on: May 15, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »
Anyone now what is going on with bcfiles.com? It's a 50/50 chance of getting into bcfiles. One time I can get into if fine, the next time I get redirected to a site that my antivirus software blocks an attempt to install a virus/adware/trojan or something that doesn't belong on my computer. The last attempt to go to bcfiles.com, it crashed my computer viewing the picture of the day. Luckly I didn't lose anything. BCC or any other site I go to doesn't give me this problem just bcfiles. I would contact the staff at bcfiles about the problem, but I feel I can't trust that site anmore. Wich is a shame. I do apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Re: bcfiles.com
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 11:08:23 PM »
You have a bigger problem than what it seems... what I mean is, the problem isn't the website itself, it's your computer. From the sounds of it, you have some small malware in there somewhere that may be screwing around with your browser and/or antivirus software itself. Just a couple things you can try, in order to verify:

1. Use a different browser. Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc... stay away from Internet Explorer, though.

2. Boot into Safe Mode and see if you still get the same issue.

I just opened nine tabs of www.bcfiles.com and had no issues, so it really sounds like malware has infected your system, and is not the fault of bcfiles.com itself.

Edit: If you choose Firefox or Chrome, look into installing Adblock into your browser! It *may* at least help to solve the issue.

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 11:28:43 PM »
And if you DO have malware, I highly recommend this.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 03:59:13 AM »
You appear to be infected with a form of Browser hijacker malware.

Download and run programs like gmer or rootkit repeal in order to detect hidden processes. Remember that in order to interpret these logs you need some expert knowledge.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 10:10:09 AM »
sov is right, you already HAVE a piece of spyware.  it's tied to ANY ads on a website.  and I also recommend malwarebites
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:22:08 PM »
Go BCC team! Fending off Malware for the BC lovers.  :dontcare: Aint' got nothin' on us.