Author Topic: Campaign Improvment Mod - High Quality Ships  (Read 559 times)

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
Campaign Improvment Mod - High Quality Ships
« on: June 17, 2012, 05:23:58 PM »
I've been going through a 1.1 install of BC replacing the stock ships with the latest high quality models. I've also added some new cannon ships to the game in order to give the story a little diversity.

Most of the ships have been replaced, but there are some which I still need to find high quality models for.

Defiant - Lints Defiant
Intrepid - JLS CGI Voyager
Excelsior - WC Excelsior
Excelsior Refit - WC Excelsior Refit
Ambassador - DJ's Ambassador
Akira - JLS Akira
Nebula - CE Nebula
Galaxy - WC Enterprise D
Prometheus - JLS Prometheus
Sovereign - WC Nemesis Sovereign
Bird of Prey - Lints B'rel
Kvort - Lint's Kvort
Ktinga - SFRD Ktinga
Vorcha - _______
Talon - _______
Valdore - Redragon's Valdore
Warbird - TU Warbird
Hideki - _______
Galor - _______
Keldon - _______
Hybrid - _______
Kessok Light - The Unknown's Re-imagined Kessok
Kessok Heavy - The Unknown's Re-imagined Kessok
Kessok Mine - The Unknown's Re-imagined Kessok
Marauder - _______
Federation Freighter - _______
Cardassian Freighter - _______

I still need HQ models for the Vorcha, Talon, Marauder, and all Cardassian Ships. If anyone knows what the best versions of these models are, I would appreciate it.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
Re: Campaign Improvment Mod - High Quality Ships
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 05:25:18 PM »
For Cardassians...you're kind of out of luck, and Lint's Vorcha is as good as his other vessels.

Glad to see a new member! Welcome!  :)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

I've tried Lint's Vorcha already. The problem with it is that it is too high quality. There are so many polys on that model that it is practically unplayable. As you can see from the list I've posted above my PC can handle the best ships that are out there. Lint's Vorcha is the one exception.

As for the Cardies, you're right. I cant seem to find any good versions of their ships. In fact, for the Hybrid, the only one that seems to be available is the original stock model. Someone really needs to make those ships. I would if I knew how, sadly my skills lie in scripting and I have no where close to the abilities of some of the other modelers in the community.

By the way, I'm actually not a new member. I've been here for over 3 years.  :P  Thanks anyway though.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 12:04:13 AM »
I'd like to recommend a Defiant that I feel is better (in fact IMO it's the best) than Lint's. It's LC's Defiant.

It's smoother and and more carefully modeled than Lint's. Don't get me wrong, Lint's Defiant is very good - the 2nd best IMO, but not as good as LC's once you do a careful inspection of it.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 07:35:08 AM »
the cardy Hybrid would also have to be rebuilt from scratch.  no-one's touched it.  the modelling is a bit clumsy and piecemeal (the wings and Kessok nacelles are a separate unit entirely), and large segments of the hull are their own polygons and can't be smoothed out.

the Marauder model, however, might be rescuable. it's pretty high quality, which means it was probably one of the first ones worked on, and it probably only needs a retex.

now that I'm playing with models myself, mabey I'll do some editing on the hybrid and bring it up to par.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 11:53:21 AM »
Oh my...for some reason (maybe because I'd been trying to go 36hrs without sleep) I thought I registered your post count as 1...my my that is embarrassing  :doh:

Good luck with the mod though.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.