Author Topic: Changing the Bridge crew around  (Read 1031 times)

Offline CAPT joseph white

• Cookies: 1
Changing the Bridge crew around
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:23:29 PM »

I would like to change my bridge crew around, how can I change my tactical officer, and my helmsman? I want to replace Kiska Lomar with a Male, and Felix Savali with someone else. does anyone know how I can do this?

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
Re: Changing the Bridge crew around
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 03:49:49 AM »
There is no short way of doing this.

The proper way would be to animtate the new crew man in the right seat with all the main animations (look at capt etc).

Then you would have to go in the bridge script and point the Helmsman to the new set of animations. And as far as I'm aware you can not change the voice so your male Helmsman will have Kiska voice.

If you cannot animate crew yourself then you can copy the animation from another male crewman rename the animation nifs and use the position X,Y,Z that Lurok showed us to move the person to the correct seat. It will work but they will not be totally in sync with the other animations for instance they may turn different to the seat and they may not be looking at the centre seat when facing the Captain.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 06:08:43 AM »
I managed to do it with scripts, once.  swapped Saffi and Kiska without screwing with the menus
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:26:41 AM »
Blackrook has a forthcoming (I think  :P) mod which will change Kiska to male helm.  You could also download the Voyager crew mod from BCF which changes Kiska to Tom Paris via scripting and Felix to Tuvok.  If you study the scripts from that mod you'll get a good idea how to swap crew around  :thumbsup:

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 11:58:29 PM »
Blackrook has a forthcoming (I think  :P) mod which will change Kiska to male helm.  You could also download the Voyager crew mod from BCF which changes Kiska to Tom Paris via scripting and Felix to Tuvok.  If you study the scripts from that mod you'll get a good idea how to swap crew around  :thumbsup:

LOL, Lurok-  I didn't want to be too obvious, with all the information "staring" folks right in the face. :P

@ CAPT joseph white: If you study the videos (and several threads here in this forum, I posted on the subject), you will notice, not only do the bots have the correct gender/voices, I can alter the names of the Bridge personnel to suite my needs. Scripting bot placement is the easy part. Scripting bots to have the correct gender/voice files is possible, but tedious. Basically a major restructuring/scripting job.

The mod I'm working on (Bridge Commander: Generations) has been on-going since 2010....
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,8046.0.html:banghead: :P

I can say, I will be releasing the works before the year is out. :)

BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »
I see your comp is as overloaded using BC as a lot of us are :P

I noted a little tag beside the "radar".  what was that one?  is it in what your working on?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 07:34:02 PM »
I see your comp is as overloaded using BC as a lot of us are :P

I noted a little tag beside the "radar".  what was that one?  is it in what your working on?

Yes, A heavily modded 35 GB BC install will do that ;)

On the tag besides the "radar", that is a feature of DS9FX Xtended and or BCS-TNG The Beginnings mod. I forget which one. Also, with the use of the latest Bridge Commander Universal Tool [BCUT]. The player can modify the ship plug-in's and control the crew compliment of any ship. The higher the crew compliment, the better time in repair rates.

BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "