Author Topic: Stargate 4.0 - What Can Be Done?  (Read 758 times)

Offline DKealt

• Cookies: 4
Stargate 4.0 - What Can Be Done?
« on: July 11, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »
Hi all,

To anyone who reads this message with anticipation, PLEASE DO SO!!!

A nostalgic wave hit me earlier today and I revisited the SG Pack 3.0, and how far did this project come forward!!!

Unfortunately very few people know how much progress was made due to life interrupting the projects completion.

About a year and a half ago was the last time I had contact with Dave975, and after trying to reach him over the last few months I believe that input from him on the project has ceased (in all fairness I think we both stopped quite a while back).

However, although the 4.0 project has not realised its full potential I intend to release what I have installed on my copy of BC, so that the models can finally reach the light of day.

To anyone who was involved with the project with work that was supplied to Dave975 please contact me so that I can attempt to finalise what exists of SG 4.0.

Depending on the response, the pack should likely get a release before December 2012.

Thanks all

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Re: Stargate 4.0 - What Can Be Done?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:10:47 PM »
I had a few 4.0 meshes on my old laptop... sadly unretrievable now :(

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 06:11:04 PM »
can I make a suggestion?

I had to get a new copy of slipstream to use with the 3.0 pack.  less than a month later, I lost slipstream (there's something about the older versions of KM that seems to disable mods with older comps :P)    I can't warp anywhere 'cause there's no warp engines

that was the only prob I had, otherwise

I DO have a suggestion, if you do finish up, can SOMEONE get Destiny in there with a bit of model and texture tweaking?  might as well make it true all stargate :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline DKealt

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
Unfortunately no.

I don't have time to start new models, or even recruit people who want to work on them.

The last attempt to finish this pack had the following updates to be added.

- Gate Network System
- Aurora
- Ancient Cruiser

If nobody has knowledge of these systems/worked on them for Dave975, the pack will remain massively updated, but still incomplete.

I will also forewarn people that I have different HP's/Scripting system to Dave975 and the pack will be incompatible with the SG 3.0.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »
in this case, I meant tweaks.  right when you guys put out 3.0, someone put out a so-so version of Destiny that needs some tweaking.

I was wondering about the propulsion systems, though.  some of us with older comps can't get the Slipstream/Hyperdrive to stay working.

I do have one suggestion.  there's a auto targeting script out there that came with the Delta Quadrant Pack.  it seems to majorly increase the acurrracy of pulse projectiles, of which the stargate pack has almost exclusive use.  mabey you guys could talk toJB and limey about the tech, and see what it would do for the fighter craft.

oh...I hope you added a bit more wraith, somewhere.  just having the needle threader isn't quite enough.  I'd like to personally see more.

Edit: good luck, guys.  i have a lot of fun with the Ancients.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline kowkillar

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 03:48:19 AM »
oh...I hope you added a bit more wraith, somewhere.  just having the needle threader isn't quite enough.  I'd like to personally see more.

Dave975 & DKealt released the wraith hive ship and cruiser later on bcfiles. There is a super hive available there also. The needle threader wasnt wraith thou, it was goauld. ;)

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Wraith_Hive_Ship;91759

Offline Kophjaeger

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 07:59:58 AM »
Old thread I know, I have an Ancient Cruiser made for Legacy that never got released. I think there may have been some small texture details needed, but its 90% done otherwise.