Author Topic: My own design for STO's Regent Class.  (Read 626 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
My own design for STO's Regent Class.
« on: August 15, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »
I decided to do this to see if i could design a ship that looked better than the new STO regent class and that actually stuck a little closer to the sovereign class's overall shape.

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E (Schematic):

STO's Regent Class:

My take on the Regent Class (not to complete detail):

My take on the design is still a heavy WIP, but i did this just to see if i could make a better design, so any thoughts, suggestions and opinions are greatly appretiated. :D

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: My own design for STO's Regent Class.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 10:57:38 PM »
I see a kitbash halfway between the Regent and the Sovereign.  That may make it a bit better in certain eyes, but definitely not original.

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 04:23:34 AM »
everyone needs somewhere or something to strat off with as a base, i took the outline of the sovereign, and heavily modified it, then edited it how i say fit to make it more like the regent than the sovereign while still retaining that sovereign-esque look. the only thing from the original regent is the bussard collectors and the ribbing idea on the saucer, the rest of it is just from playing around with the design.

But i can see what you mean by a kitbash, but bear in mind that my design is still a WIP, there are still elements from ships that i havent used that are in the current STO Regent class design.

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »
Yea.. We all gotta start somewhere.   
Hell the first arsenal model was a HEAVILY modified TG sovvy model..
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 11:18:06 AM »
Looking a lot better.

With the pylons, take inspiration from how the Enterprise was supposed to look when finally completed at the end of Nemesis.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/sovereign/enterprise-revision-final.jpg

Offline flarespire

• God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
Looking a lot better.

With the pylons, take inspiration from how the Enterprise was supposed to look when finally completed at the end of Nemesis.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/sovereign/enterprise-revision-final.jpg

the link doesnt work, please save the image and host it somewhere else/ send me the page its used on....

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »
I believe a refit should be more than just swapping out a few parts.  The Constitution refit had everything changed.  Not a single component was left untouched.

If you want to make the Regent "better", don't swap out parts for the Sovereign.  Come up with a third option.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 02:15:34 PM »
the link doesnt work, please save the image and host it somewhere else/ send me the page its used on....

Odd, still working here. Hopefully this shall do for you.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x101/USS_Serenity_NX/enterprise-revision-final.jpg