Author Topic: DS9 Yeager query.  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: DS9 Yeager query.
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »
Well starforce. It's not that I can mod be (something I haven't tried) but as this communi is probably the most active i figured it best to ask here. Anyway. Current status of this ship is that I've got around 60% of the model done but if anyone wants it then I'll pass it on.

I've got a few old ships by you I was planning to put in BC, was wondering if you were still around to get the permission, I let them sit, never got around to them. I know I did get permission for some but I can't even remember which. Least I know you are still here. If I can find them I'll let you know. You do any legacy modding? They got some good classes of ships over there if I can find someone who can convert them. I have the original files for some of them that I wanted to do but not sure what parts get deleted.

Got any screenshots of your version?
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline MajorPayne

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
As with any permission just check any read me files that there might be. If there's no read me just give me a shout which ship/s it might be and I'll give you you the info if I have it. As for legacy. I haven't done any modding for that game since I released that pack over at least 18 months

Offline MajorPayne

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 09:52:23 PM »
Hmmmmm. Seems I should remember to post when I've actually completed something a bit more often!!!

Anyway. This rebuild took about 9 hours (which included stripping the texture sections I needed from the originals), but the results, whilst not fantastic and not as accurate to the proper canon version, I'm happy with.

Firstly the details:

Poly count: 3702 (triangle count is most likely double this).
Textures: 4 512*512 (minus lightmaps as I'm rubbish at making them)

Credit for the original is as follows:

- Original kitbash done by Corps BC Engineers (scottpkeene). This was made using the Intrepid and its textures as originally done by Rick "P81" Knox and Marquis Raider and its textures originally done by Michael Frederick (aka Zorg)
- Updated replacement high resolution texture set for the intrepid done by Dr-McCoy1701A (also known as Bones).

I did basically rip the textures to pieces to combine only the sections that were needed as well as "paint" on the upper saucer phaser arrays and (my first successful), removal of the Registry. Overall the resulting textures look far better together than the blue teal ones of the intrepid I was going to use. Whilst this ship model also does look correct shapewise, I have had to strip off certain details (indented windows for example) to keep the poly count to one that Armada is more happy with.

Anyway. If anyone here wants to have the mesh then feel free to pm me a contact and I'll get it off to you ASAP. So heres the pics (yes. I know theres some minor texture stretching just by where the deflector is):

Offline MajorPayne

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »

Offline starfox1701

• Cookies: 13
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 10:46:49 PM »
Great work man :thumbsup: