Author Topic: DS9 Yeager query.  (Read 1371 times)

Offline MajorPayne

• Cookies: 2
DS9 Yeager query.
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:21:32 AM »
Is it me or are there a seriously poor amount of releases for this ship. The Yeager I'm on about is the one featured (very quickly) in DS9 and not the Sabre/Saber class. I've had a recent request from an Armada modder for a nice quality mesh and as it currently stands I've come across one single version of the ship as a released model. Yes I know I could kitbash parts from the Intrepid and Maquis Raider but my question is this:

Has anyone here made a version that has good quality but detailed textures that match each other for the colour schemes which they would be willing to allow me to recreate a much lower poly version?? I know that this is probably asking alot but textures are something I'm more poor at than anything else (even though Deemon did try to help give me some advice and pointers).

Anyway, any help is appreciated and if nothing comes of this I'll just try going with my first plan (which wasn't something I was looking forward to).

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
Re: DS9 Yeager query.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:32:02 AM »
I think this is the only release of it http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Yeager;24349

Offline MajorPayne

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 10:44:07 AM »
Thanks mckinneyc. Thats the one I currently have :( I'll jsut have to have a play with the texture colours and try to get them as close as possible. If it doesn't come out right I'll just abandon the model completely.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 11:34:52 AM »
In fairness thou, part of the reluctance of modelling a newer Yeager Class, may have something to do with it being an "ugly a$$ ship" :)
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline MajorPayne

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 11:41:57 AM »
I know Darkthunder. I'm not sure why some people get so attached to these kitbashed ships.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 11:44:53 AM »
who cares if it isnt a "pretty" ship?
i say, go for it!!  
BC doesnt have a good Yeager-Class ship as yet anyway!  
rock on!  :thumbsup:

Offline starfox1701

• Cookies: 13
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »
I always though the using the Interceptor instead of the Intrepid for the top half and make her a planet fall capable troop ship belonging to the SFMC would make her look better and more like a polished finished ship instead of just a kitbash. Think of it like this, even though they used the model for shooting on 2 or 3 occasions it was never intended to be a hero miniature like Excelsior or Enterprise. So it you do make a new mesh don't just replicate every detail of the bash polish the design in the same way that the Nebula changed between the Wolf 359 shots and the late appearances of the USS Phoenix and the USS Sutherland.

Offline MajorPayne

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 02:02:14 PM »
Whilst I do seriously appreciate the advice and morale support I'm afraid I'm definately not that good a modeller (I've always considered myself mediocre at best) so I can only say I'll give it my best shot. The thing is as this would most likely be more for Armada 2 than BC the poly count would be much lower than expected, so this means a more or less completely new rebuild. Such sections as the indented windows would be left out (the larger windows) and most likely some minor detail as well. I might also have to add a small amount of my own detailing which would give the model some differences. One thing I have noticed is that the raiders pulse weapons are missing from the current BC version. Some good news though is that after doing some more hunting around I got hold of those amazing high res textures that replace Rick Knox versions (the ones I'm using are done by Dr_McCoy1701A) and the colour scheme is a hell of alot closer.

One thing to add though. Does anyone have any idea of McCoys permission requirements as he's not mentioned in either the master sticky here or on Dynaverse forum??

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 02:08:41 PM »
Isn't that Bones?

Offline MajorPayne

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 02:15:43 PM »
Not sure. I've not done any modelling for quite some time.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
  • Cookies: 11
  • Babylon 5: The Last of the Babylon Stations.
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 04:53:31 PM »
The Yeager is ugly as sin... period
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8396544/1/Conundrum

Pirates.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 12:05:24 PM »
(the ones I'm using are done by Dr_McCoy1701A) and the colour scheme is a hell of alot closer.

One thing to add though. Does anyone have any idea of McCoys permission requirements as he's not mentioned in either the master sticky here or on Dynaverse forum??

Glad you like those, I would never thought anyone would like those retextures, I was such a noob back then :P

as for permissions, you're clear to do whatever you want to them ;) my permission policy is open as long as credit is given ;)

Offline MajorPayne

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 12:46:05 PM »
Many thanks Bones. I've never been overly fond of the teal blue tint added to the original versions. The ony editing I'll do to them is to add in the phaser arrays on the textures upper and to try to remove the registry. Unfortunately BC mesh for phaser arrays on ships can tax the hell out of the Armada 1/2 engine more than actual completed ship meshes. When DJ Curtis was nice enough to let me rebuild his fantastic Vivace I left the original phaser arrays as they do look very nice on a model. I suffered from severe lag with that ship more than the 20k Atlantis model I playtested which ran fine (which is strange). Once the mesh is complete I'll post a few renders but I won't do it from within Milkshape as the results aren't very good to look at.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 01:40:55 PM »
my permission policy is open as long as credit is given ;)

Fixed. :p If anyone read it the way I did, it sounded like they could drop the credit to you. :p (Unless you intended that.)

Interestingly, from the dorsal view at least, the back half of the ship looks like a fed attempt at making a Dominion bug ship, only it crashed backwards into an Intrepid during tests. :p

Offline Maxloef

• STBC Aftermath Co Founder
  • Cookies: 61
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »
Aftermath's DS9 pack has a Decent Yeager in it, feel free to use it :) it has no regsitries and the phaser arrays are textured in :)

edit: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/BC_Aftermath_Deep_Space_9_Addon;116582

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »
Fixed. :p If anyone read it the way I did, it sounded like they could drop the credit to you. :p (Unless you intended that.)
:funny thx mate ;)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
OMG the major has gotten the BC bug.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline MajorPayne

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »
Well starforce. It's not that I can mod be (something I haven't tried) but as this communi is probably the most active i figured it best to ask here. Anyway. Current status of this ship is that I've got around 60% of the model done but if anyone wants it then I'll pass it on.

Offline ChiefBrex

• Cookies: 303
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 11:54:28 AM »
What about the Aftermath BC Mod? There is a highly detailed and textured version of the Yeager Class in it. If you want something that's highly polished and beautiful for a Frankenstein ship, that would be the place to get it.