Author Topic: model display issues in the mpe, different display issues ingame  (Read 498 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
I've got an excelcior type B (1701B) and here's the issue:

in the MP, ship is textured except for the extra impulse drives, which are black. This is part of the saucer texture, and the rest of the saucer is fine. Additionaly the bulge added to the engeneering hull as well as the flat part under the tail section is also black.

Ingame, different story. saucer texture works completely, including the red glow for the addon impulse. The rest of the ship is untextured with no fx on the nacelles, deflector, or anything except the grebles ahead of the rear shuttlebay at the tail.

What I've done so far:
Checked to make sure they are 32 bit. They appear to be saved correctly.
Checked for odd sizes, they are 1024x1024.
Made sure they all had _glow suffex.
removed spec maps incase there was some conflict there.

Anyone else got any ideas? I am really at a loss for why an area of a ship would be black in the mpe and textured fine ingame, and a textured area would suddenly go blank ingame. 2 mpe's, different computers and graphics set ups = same result. I can't make BC run on the labtop though, so I can't double check that but since it's my old mod machine that I tested ingame on I am sure that it is working fine.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline ChiefBrex

• Cookies: 303
Re: model display issues in the mpe, different display issues ingame
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 08:34:19 AM »
Have you double checked the filename paths? Made sure that the textures are assigned in the correct folders?

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 10:57:54 AM »
textures are in the model folder with the nif. As for the file paths, it'd be unusual to affect the impulse drive and not the saucer, as the impulse drive is on the saucer map with the actual texture for the saucers disk. I tried reducing them from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024 but that didn't help the mpe, but I didn't get a chance to try the other computer ingame to see if it made a difference. If it doesn't and it works fine on his end then there is something he is missing on his setup. Perhaps someone with niftools can check that over too. In the process of switching hotels this afternoon so that might be a project for later.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 12:51:49 PM »
send over the files

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »
new motel. Broken internet. Had to take the lappy for a walk to get in range of a different router to get on. f***. When it's back up I'll send it. Dunno if I'll get the tower up as we might be moving again and I dun feel like packing up all that crap again.
Read my mod blog!

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 09:11:45 AM »
Ive did some adjustments, for myself, TRY this, enter NifScope, look at the textures, sometime a Nif calls for the same texture many time, and I have had to physically make copies of that texture [1-2-3-4 and so on] then gone thru NifScope, renamed the textures, where they use 1 2 or 3 copy of the texture, then resaved the NIF, worked for me and others. Had to do that for the SFRD_DS9 and other stations.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 07:06:02 PM »
I'll distribute the nessecary files when I return home. sounds like the second half of our deployment to iowa will not happen after labor day so I'll be home. net wont stay connected here for long, think they got some route issues or a pair of them with the same name fighting one another because i unplug the one out my door and bingo I can connect. ANyways, anyone wishing to help pm me with the nessecary email address.
Read my mod blog!