Author Topic: Forum Theme and Site Name  (Read 8519 times)

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
Forum Theme and Site Name
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 03:08:35 PM »
I love BCU's layout, and this forum follows it very well, so I'm happy.  But now that he mentioned he, I agree with Kori Barnes' statement about the contrast.  Also, having the updated thread icon the same color as the borders makes it difficult to see what's new since one's last visit.

Personally, I like the dark blue color scheme of BCU--it's easier on the eyes, but as long as this forum follows a similar layout (note: that's different from color scheme), I'm happy with it.

About the purpose of this forum: I was under the impression that this was only going to be a temporary site until BCU was fully operational again.  Was I misinformed?

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
  • Cookies: 531
  • Welcome to the Dark Side
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 04:02:40 PM »
Quote from: Phaser
I love BCU's layout, and this forum follows it very well, so I'm happy.  But now that he mentioned he, I agree with Kori Barnes' statement about the contrast.  Also, having the updated thread icon the same color as the borders makes it difficult to see what's new since one's last visit.

Personally, I like the dark blue color scheme of BCU--it's easier on the eyes, but as long as this forum follows a similar layout (note: that's different from color scheme), I'm happy with it.

About the purpose of this forum: I was under the impression that this was only going to be a temporary site until BCU was fully operational again.  Was I misinformed?

Well, originally it was, and it will remain so, at least what I mean is I will continue to direct people here when BCU is down. It is now an independant site, superior to BCU in a few ways...not as many rules or bugs.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 06:23:38 PM »
ive updated the buttons, should make things easier to see. the frame colours are seans domain

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »
Ok forgive my ignorance must have kept my head buried in  the sand to long; This is the first I have heard of this. Glad to have found you hopefully others will too... :wink:
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Pegasus

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 09:38:30 AM »
We've been keeping it on the down low till the place is fully equipped.

BCDS

Re: Forum Theme and Site Name
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »
Well, now this is interesting isnt it.

Shoot first and ask questions later seems to be the policy employed by
Quote from: Raven Night

the morons.

I must admit at taking some pleasure from that statement.

I'd also like to see any lawsuit brought against Mark or Sean, really.
Both great guys, who contribute so much to the community.

Cease and Desist, and we wonder why he have anti-bcu rhetoric.

Anyway, im glad to see nothing will be coming about of this disagreement, i think we all enjoy being here, except now my eyes hurt from the yellow.

Offline M@DM@X

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 03:49:19 PM »
the yellow is cool. tho borg green would be a nice :D

Quote from: Raven Night

I liked the name too, and the old look of the forum...but I like this as well.

Just to be clear, I didnt invoke this, the morons I work with did (yes, I called them morons). I was trying to find a way to have these guys take over BCU. The staff took a peek at this site, saw some anti-BCU comments, brought it up to some of the board members, and all hell broke loose. After getting a nice ass chewing, I had to ask for these changes to get the stormtroopers to go back to sleep.

And a side note...just because they were filing a cease and desist does not mean they would have won.

At any rate, I like what you have done with the place.

hey raven how are you?

also did you tell them that, that sort of action would be somthing that could cause a big "BIG" rift in the bc community??? or destroy it compleatly??? still glad yall got the problams sorted out before any major action came from it!

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 01:35:23 AM »
I remember when those same "morons" tried to have BCfiles and me labled as anti-nightsoft because were supporting the porject of a guy who had an anti-raven thingy in his readme and was telling stories and crap (I forget what it was all about...it was some model conversion or viewer program I thought) I had to ask him to tone it down, raven had to tell them to get real, and it ended up in the rule on bcfiles that readmes are not to be used as platforms for poltiics, religion, flamming ect. Ofcourse, when the nightsoft legal officer has been known to wipe his ass with coffee filters... :roll:
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2006, 04:33:38 AM »
hmmm...coffee.

raven, forgive me, but why is it that those guys (I won't call'em the m-word) are that over-protective of nightsoft?

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline P$YCH0

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 129
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 04:44:03 AM »
I know, it's sad that BCU is gone, but the most important thing is that there is a place where BC modding can continue and BC can live on.

To me the priority of the exsistance of this kind of site is on the first place, on the second comes functionality and lastly design.

The site has fulfilled all of the stated above. It's functionality is like BCU, and I personally like the yellow colour theme.

The only thing left for me to say is thank you to the makers (Mark and the admins) for doing a great job with excelent timing.

So guys as LC said back to modding ;)

P$YCH0 out...

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2006, 06:40:16 AM »
umm yah phyco BCU isn't gone the forum link just changed....
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 02:48:52 PM »
Yea, what are you talking about, P$CH0?  BCU is still alive and kicking: advertising is not allowed on this site

Now, to get back on-topic, I'm really getting annoyed with the color theme.  I don't mind some gold, but the icons are gold, the links are gold, the background is gold, the logo is gold, the thread names are gold, and the window outlines are gold.  It's too much!  By far the worst thing is the icon layout.  Updated threads were gold on BCU so you could tell at a glance what's been updated since you're last visit--a very nice feature.  Here, you can't do that.  I'd say change either the icon colors or the colors of everything else, and tone down the overall gold theme.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 02:51:38 PM »
Now, to get back on-topic, I'm really getting annoyed with the color theme. I don't mind some gold, but the icons are gold, the links are gold, the background is gold, the logo is gold, the thread names are gold, and the window outlines are gold. It's too much! By far the worst thing is the icon layout. Updated threads were gold on BCU so you could tell at a glance what's been updated since you're last visit--a very nice feature. Here, you can't do that. I'd say change either the icon colors or the colors of everything else, and tone down the overall gold theme.

Doesn't bother me, :P and the new threads are flashing not just changing color here. :P
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 04:51:22 PM »
hmmm i kinda like the gold... makes it feel less depressing than a dark colour. besides the whole point of a theme is that its a theme... you dont want bits of colour here and there.. looks like cheap crap then.. besides im sure people would sooner us be working on new stuff for bc than messing with forum colour schemes trying to please everyone

Offline Legion

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 05:10:17 PM »
for what it's worth, i like the gold theme :)

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2006, 07:26:43 AM »
Quote from: Sean
hmmm i kinda like the gold... makes it feel less depressing than a dark colour. besides the whole point of a theme is that its a theme... you dont want bits of colour here and there.. looks like cheap crap then.. besides im sure people would sooner us be working on new stuff for bc than messing with forum colour schemes trying to please everyone

Exactly, as long as it does the job and looks presentable. Which it does.

Then everyone can concentrate on modding BC rather than messing with the decorations.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2006, 11:31:50 AM »
Well said buddy!! :D

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2006, 11:56:41 AM »
yep. and, after some times it ain't that unfamiliar anymore....lol

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline P$YCH0

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 129
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2006, 10:17:35 AM »
Sry about my previous post lol
Been gone for some time + had some browser problems (wouldn't redirect me to BCU). As for the gold theme I like it,also the flashing of the new threads is nice.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »
Cleaned up and locked, I dont think theres anything new to post here.

any suggestions for the theme should go to suggestions section