Author Topic: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 11018 times)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
Re: Star Wars VII Topic Discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2014, 12:07:58 PM »
Final season of Clone Wars is now on netflix, pretty damn good if I say so myself.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-set-to-roll-cameras-may-2014.html

Episode 7 to begin filming in May, it has been confirmed to take place 30 years after ROTJ.

For the heck of it, I decided to calculate how old some of the OT Characters would be if going by their EU birth dates.

Luke and Leia are 53
Han is 63
Chewbacca is 234 (I didn't realize Wookiees lived so long in the EU)
R2-D2's creation/activation date doesn't have a source on Wookieepdia
C-3P0 was activated by Anakin 66 Years before, but according to some sources his original components were built 146 years before EP7.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2014, 04:34:48 PM »
Final season of Clone Wars is now on netflix, pretty damn good if I say so myself.
I really enjoy this season too.
http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-set-to-roll-cameras-may-2014.html

Episode 7 to begin filming in May, it has been confirmed to take place 30 years after ROTJ.

For the heck of it, I decided to calculate how old some of the OT Characters would be if going by their EU birth dates.

Luke and Leia are 53
Han is 63
C-3P0 was activated by Anakin 66 Years before, but according to some sources his original components were built 146 years before EP7.

I would love to see Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors in this movie working along with Han, Leia, Chewie and Luke :) it would be awesome

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2014, 04:38:10 PM »
To complement your post Kori, i'd like to add the following:

Mark Hamill (Luke), Born September 1951 (62 years old currently)
Carrie Fisher (Leia), Born October 1956 (57 years old currently)
Harrison Ford (Han), Born July 1942 (71 years old currently)

Effectively, this means that the actors real-life age is roughly 10 years older than their characters ages.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2014, 09:48:15 PM »

Luke and Leia are 53
Han is 63

Well, if the movie doesn't throw all the EU out the window, Chewbacca will be long gone...

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »
yes, actually, they fully intend to throw out EVERYTHING after the original trilogy.  i'm betting they'll only keep a few selected parts of the prequal trilogy.

according to what I could determine from wookiepedia, threepio's chassis is eighty years old.  his personality, however, probably dates from anakin's assembly.  I believe Artoo is at least 50 years older.

however, none of that matters, now...it's all been pitched out the window.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2014, 10:42:20 AM »
i'm betting they'll only keep a few selected parts of the prequal trilogy.

Highly unlikely, since it's half of the main series. Since Rebels follows on from Clone Wars, the 2008-2014 CW should be remaining as well, which is good. I loved that show, waiting eagerly for series 6 to hit blu-ray, now.

I believe they're also keeping the KotOR era games as canon, hopefully the Jedi Knight series as well.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »
Highly unlikely, since it's half of the main series. Since Rebels follows on from Clone Wars, the 2008-2014 CW should be remaining as well, which is good. I loved that show, waiting eagerly for series 6 to hit blu-ray, now.

I believe they're also keeping the KotOR era games as canon, hopefully the Jedi Knight series as well.

Hell yes, I really hope they keep the JK series canon. 
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »
Hell yes, I really hope they keep the JK series canon. 
:yeahthat:

Kyle Katarn FTW

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2014, 10:35:17 PM »
I would like them to keep Mara Jade canon...she's one of my favorite characters in the Star Wars universe.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2014, 10:40:14 PM »
I would like them to keep Mara Jade canon...she's one of my favourite characters in the Star Wars universe.

I Played Jedi Knight before I read any novels so my first experience with her was in the Expansion Pack, thought she was pretty damn cool. Also cannot beat a purple lightsaber.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2014, 06:45:28 AM »
I Played Jedi Knight before I read any novels so my first experience with her was in the Expansion Pack, thought she was pretty damn cool. Also cannot beat a purple lightsaber.

In Mysteries of the Sith she wielded purple lightsaber but according to Thrawn trilogy it should be blue which she got from Luke, the same one he was given by Obi-Wan ;)

(although it was highly unlikely that both Luke's hand and lightsaber could be recovered from Bespin, it was clear in the scene when Luke spoted his hand and lightsaber falling from Cloud City)

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
Her lightsaber has been depicted as purple most of the time, as far as I've seen. Also, there was some evil clone of Luke at one point that got the old lightsaber.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2014, 08:43:19 PM »
In Mysteries of the Sith she wielded purple lightsaber but according to Thrawn trilogy it should be blue which she got from Luke, the same one he was given by Obi-Wan ;)

(although it was highly unlikely that both Luke's hand and lightsaber could be recovered from Bespin, it was clear in the scene when Luke spoted his hand and lightsaber falling from Cloud City)

That was not his hand and saber.  There's no way, with as long as Luke was lectured by his old man, that he would've caught up with it.  Likely it got caught somewhere.

Also, it's rather unclear if she ever had the purple lightsaber during her Jedi years, though some assume she built a replacement.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2014, 10:55:13 PM »
Mara is depicted as having a Purple saber prior to the Thrawn Trilogy, might be why MOTS used it not knowing that she had a different one.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mara_Jade%27s_first_lightsaber

Anyone else Prefer the Phase 2 (Episode 3) Clone Armour to the Storm Trooper armour? I think it looks a lot nicer and meaner.

The Episode 2 style clone armour in Clone Wars looks a lot nicer then it appeared in Ep2.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2014, 10:49:28 AM »
Anyone else Prefer the Phase 2 (Episode 3) Clone Armour to the Storm Trooper armour? I think it looks a lot nicer and meaner.

The Episode 2 style clone armour in Clone Wars looks a lot nicer then it appeared in Ep2.

Yes for both. I'm really going to miss CW. Waiting for the last episodes to hit blu-ray now. I think my favourite story is the one with the Jedi kids. It's nice to see more of the Jedi teaching at a younger age for once, and they managed not to go too childish with it. Also, David Tennant.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2014, 04:27:37 PM »
Also, David Tennant.

He sounded so much like the Doctor when he lists off all the planets hes been to.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2014, 04:53:38 PM »
I'm sure that I've read that that was intentional. If you listen to his voice, it's his Doctor voice, not his own.

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2014, 08:51:55 AM »
Some new shit here

1. Possible Stormtrooper Helmets

Concept Art: (these are 2 different helmets)

Physical model of the first piece (already better then the PT, there were no physical clones AT ALL, all CG or a guy in a green suit)

And some Han Solo Concept Art