Author Topic: Halo Universe Ships Forge  (Read 3273 times)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Halo Universe Ships
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »
What is the OP? :idk:

A guide to what goes where would be nice.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Elijah B I

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 03:52:23 PM »
What is the OP? :idk:

Original post ;)

I'll get started on some HP pics right away.

Offline kowkillar

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 04:56:20 PM »
One thing I'm not sure about though is that this actually isnt the unsc prowler. The model is still good, but its really a unsc frigate of some kind. You can name it whatever you like though.

Offline Elijah B I

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2012, 04:35:59 AM »
There are actually no picture of a Prowler, but from the books it sounds basically like the Charon-Class Light Frigate but without the hanger bay.

Offline Kophjaeger

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 04:38:49 AM »
These are amazing!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2012, 04:40:16 AM »
Awesome ! first time I saw PoA and IAC I loved those designs ! have a cookie  :thumbsup:

Offline kowkillar

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2012, 06:07:01 AM »
There are actually no picture of a Prowler, but from the books it sounds basically like the Charon-Class Light Frigate but without the hanger bay.

Actually a Prowler looks almost like a klingon or romulan ship. It looks nothing like any other UNSC ship. The model you made more closely resembles a Paris-Class heavy frigate, noting the absence of the large hanger bay on the bottom. Its almost impossible to tell the difference between the UNSC's frigates due to their similar shape and size. Their only real difference is in arms and armor as well as fleet duties, all of which are kinda hard to tell with just a model.

This is what a prowler actually looks like: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_prowler

Offline Elijah B I

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2012, 07:58:10 AM »
Actually a Prowler looks almost like a klingon or romulan ship. It looks nothing like any other UNSC ship. The model you made more closely resembles a Paris-Class heavy frigate, noting the absence of the large hanger bay on the bottom. Its almost impossible to tell the difference between the UNSC's frigates due to their similar shape and size. Their only real difference is in arms and armor as well as fleet duties, all of which are kinda hard to tell with just a model.

This is what a prowler actually looks like: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_prowler

Good point, I had completely forgotten about that it showed up in that mini.. There can always be more than one class of Prowler haha :p It looks a lot like the Paris Class cus its kinda a kit bash. I was working on making a Paris Class but could never get the lower section to look right, so I just took it out and moved the aft hull forward a bit. When I did that it takes 1/4th of its length down and kinda makes it look more leak (well, for a human Halo ship) so I thought it could make a cool Prowler or light frigate.

Offline Elijah B I

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »
bump?

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 07:02:36 PM »
anyhoo, as soon as a link is posted or pmed to me, ill convert them and send them over to Tiq then  :funny

:yeahthat:
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Elijah B I

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »
I posted a link to the model in the first post a while back but here it is again

http://www.mediafire.com/?by2qfa2wx1v0bgn

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »
sorry, i just got them. should be converted and sent to Tiq by saturday.... holiday week and all...
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Elijah B I

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »
Its cool, I still don't need this stuff for a while haha. I hope everyone is having an awesome Thanks Giving!

Offline Elijah B I

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 06:02:31 PM »
May want to hold out a little bit, I have decided to redo the ships textures. As it is right now it has no light or bump map (BC uses them right?) and it would probably look a load better if it was done..

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 06:39:58 PM »
May want to hold out a little bit, I have decided to redo the ships textures. As it is right now it has no light or bump map (BC uses them right?) and it would probably look a load better if it was done..

BC doesn't use bump maps but it does use speculars.  :)

Offline CyAn1d3

• RETIRED
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 10:46:46 PM »

if thats the case, PM me the link when they are finished than :)
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Elijah B I

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 04:56:32 AM »
I'll send you a copy asap

Updated the textures, they were a little bad  :nono: and added bump mapping!

Offline Elijah B I

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 05:44:11 AM »
BC doesn't use bump maps but it does use speculars.  :)

Darn, wish I had seen that BEFORE I added bump maps haha.. oh well, they are pretty much the same thing, I'll see about it. The Bump map I added is kinda just in there, the frigate is really shiny, but its a wip, to be expected to have some problems haha...

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 07:59:49 AM »
Darn, wish I had seen that BEFORE I added bump maps haha.. oh well, they are pretty much the same thing, I'll see about it. The Bump map I added is kinda just in there, the frigate is really shiny, but its a wip, to be expected to have some problems haha...

No worries it's just BC showing its age. Nice Frigate by the way. Can't wait to see what else you have.

Offline Elijah B I

Re: Halo Universe Ships Foundry
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2012, 01:38:03 AM »
I'm doing some work on some covi ships and the Halo 3 era Charon-class light frigate.