Author Topic: seperate bridge alerts  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
seperate bridge alerts
« on: March 09, 2007, 04:54:41 PM »
hello all. a long time ago i re-scripted my bridges so that they created their cannon red alert. i was wondering if that had already been done, if not, if allowed i will release them to the public. creating 3rd era for making the bridges and whom ever i found the sounds from, ofcourse.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: seperate bridge alerts
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »
*moved to Bridge Forum*

Offline Erk

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 05:29:11 PM »
whoops, silly me i forget about this forum, sorry.

Offline MickJo

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 05:58:50 PM »
If I recall correctly the 3E module was called BPSounds, a Beta by Mark's gang released a while ago, as well as alerts there were separate bridge ambience as well as other assorted bells and whistles.

http://teamlynxifer.co.uk/bcc/index.php/topic,197.0.html

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 06:10:22 PM »
I admit the previously released version had some trouble with being a bit ambigously in it's options here and there.
New version won't have that.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Erk

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 10:25:16 PM »
ok, i was just wondering. i had customized my sov's bridge to have a extended FC red alert (where it powers down) the defiant has her red alert, and voyagers red alert is the sovs, just without the power down. the other ships like the connies have theirs too. (im not exactly sure if the alerts were changed, my red alerts all remained the same, the only change was the sovs yellow and green) i wasnt sure if it was going to be worked on by anyone or if even considered.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 06:00:31 AM »
most of the new bridges already come with sounds, so that when you install bpsounds it will be quite an experience.

It is possible to give bridges custom sounds without bpsounds but its a bit more difficult and isnt as fool proof :P.

Either download the demo from these forums or wait a little while until we release the final.