Author Topic: Unknown E3M2 Error  (Read 1048 times)

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
Unknown E3M2 Error
« on: November 12, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »
Upon loading Episode 3 Mission 2 I get a few problems. The game enters the mission, but once I'm in, there is no conversation from the crew and the mission cannot continue.

I get this from the Console.....

AttributeError: PreLoadAssets
Traceback (innermost last):
  File ".\Scripts\Maelstrom\Episode3\E3M2\E3M2.py", line 159, in Initialize
    CreateShips()
  File ".\Scripts\Maelstrom\Episode3\E3M2\E3M2.py", line 332, in CreateShips
    MissionLib.CreatePlayerShip("SovereignR", pVesuvi6, "player", "Player Start")
  File "c:\utopia\current\build\scripts\MissionLib.py", line 604, in CreatePlayerShip
  File ".\Scripts\loadspacehelper.py", line 213, in AdjustShipForDifficulty
    pNewProperty = App.SubsystemProperty_Cast(pNewList.TGGetNext().GetProperty())

AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'GetProperty'
['lActiveMutators = [', '\011"""Extra Ships and Mods""",', '\011"""Stock Systems""",', '\011"""Stock Ships""",', ']']

This doesn't really make much sense to me because I have no directory "c:\utopia\current\build\scripts\MissionLib.py". I used to when I attempted to use the AI creator but the entire utopia folder was deleted and it is no longer there.

Any ideas?

Offline JB2005

• Scripter, Lawyer, Soldier, Spy
  • Cookies: 58
    • Captain's Orders Blog
Re: Unknown E3M2 Error
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »
Without going into the Maelstrom scripts I have...I'd say it looks like there's a problem with "SovereignR" - have you customised this script at all?

EDIT: IIRC the game just identifies utopia as a matter of course, regardless of where your install is located?

Also I just had a look at my script - SovereignR shouldn't be there...
http://captainsordersdevelopmentblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/preview-no-1.html- Captains Orders Development Blog - Last Updated 10/12/2011

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »
the better question is are you trying to play SP on a MODDED install?

be warned, it can be done, but you must turn ALL mutators off down to stock ships/bridges and stock systems.
it can be stable that way, but will randomly crash.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline JB2005

• Captain's Orders Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 06:55:12 PM »
from the look of the console report I'd say he's done just that!
http://captainsordersdevelopmentblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/preview-no-1.html- Captains Orders Development Blog - Last Updated 10/12/2011

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
hrmm...

IDR if thats the one that constantly crashes or not. IIRC there was a mission that simply just wouldnt run. ep3m2... thats the one where afterward you transfer to the sovvy i think?
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 06:59:20 PM »
Just to clarify, yes this is a slightly modded install, BUT, every other mission in the game works perfectly. I have purposely made my modifications compatible with SP, and this is the only mission that gives me a problem.

The ship "SovereignR" is a refitted Sovereign that is used in SP. That ship works in every other mission.

BTW, this mission is the one where you take the Sovereign inside the Vesuvi Dust Cloud.

Offline JB2005

• Captain's Orders Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »
Need Lurok to chime in - he knows those scripts back and forth by now...

Try using the standard sovereign and see if that works? From reading the console report it does seem like that's the issue?

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 07:20:48 PM »
Try using the standard sovereign and see if that works? From reading the console report it does seem like that's the issue?

Tried that, same problem.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:15:38 PM »
IIRC there is a specific script call that occurs in that mission that is messed up if you change the Sov the wrong way, even if it works in any other mission.  What exactly have you modified?  I may be wrong, but IIRC it had something to do with the Quantum torpedoes.  By the way, if you are loading the mission from a saved game, any changes you've made since then will not take effect, this may be why it still didn't work when you switched back to the stock sov.

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 09:30:05 PM »
I use test mode to load the mission each time I test it, so im not just loading a saved game.

Episode 3 Mission 1 had issues with the Quantum torpedoes, but I fixed that. I'm not sure what the problem is in this mission.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 10:06:50 PM »
You also need to add the phasedplasma torps to the sov hp; remember the sov in BC had 3 torp types in SP.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 10:44:08 PM »
You also need to add the phasedplasma torps to the sov hp; remember the sov in BC had 3 torp types in SP.

But the ship works in ALL OTHER MISSIONS. If there was an issue with the Phased Plasmas (which are on the HP by the way) then every mission with the Sovereign would be having issues.

-UPDATE-

OK, I finally solved the problem. I found out that if I replaced the SovereignR hardpoint with the stock Sovereign hardpoint from the original game, the mission worked properly. To narrow down the problem, I literally went through every system in the hardpoint file and slowly replaced the stock systems with my modded ones. The thing causing the problem was the Pulse weapon system on my Sovereign (which launches Quantum torpedoes).

Apparently, the line "SetAimedWeapon(1)" was the problem. This has to be "SetAimedWeapon(0)" for it to work.... go figure.....

I'm still kind of curious as to why exactly this particular mission had an issue with that and no others did. I may never know.....