Author Topic: Quick battle Galaxy class problem  (Read 764 times)

Offline Anew9

• Cookies: 1
Quick battle Galaxy class problem
« on: December 22, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »
Hi everyone.

Ive recently begun modding BC again and decided to replace the stock galaxy with Wiley coyotes. I replaced the Sovereign class with wileys also with no problems, but when I finished modding WIleys galaxy class and replaced the stock Galaxy, whenever I loaded quickbattle, my viewscreen on the bridge has the sovereign bridge commander loading page stuck on it and none of the bridge NPCs show their menu on the screen. I press spacebar to see the ship, and nothing happens. I press F1 for Helm, nothing pops up and nothing seems to work.

I went into the models folder again to delete the vox files, no effect. I forgot to back up my stock galaxy because I thought this wouldnt be an issue, but now I cant even load up the galaxy class. I dont understand what happened. All I did was overwrite the stock galaxy nif. with wileys and the game f'd up. Any ideas?

Offline Anew9

• Cookies: 1
Re: Quick battle Galaxy class problem
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 07:03:31 PM »
Can anyone give me the stock data/models/ships/Galaxy folder again?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out what the problem was.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 12:01:43 PM »
can you please describe what was going wrong and how you fixed it, so this thread can be referencfed in the future should anyone else comes across this issue?

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 10:18:29 PM »
Haha, this is great... Came here looking for a possible fix, only to see the OP did not follow up. Look's like a tireless night for me tonight searching and tinkering..

Edit: Well, I figured my issue at least. It was a multiplayer test with bridge sets enabled in the Misc menu. The helm menu seems to become completely inaccessible, and many buttons that should not be in other menus are present. I am going to go ahead and create a new topic because I think these issues are unrelated.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 11:00:14 PM »
can you please describe what was going wrong and how you fixed it, so this thread can be referencfed in the future should anyone else comes across this issue?
If I were to take the context of his post, he mentioned only replacing the .nif file which has a different file name.  He more likely than not didn't update the ship.py file to match.  Unless Anew9 contradicts me that's what I'm thinking.