Author Topic: Torpedo Explosions & Hardpoint Emitters  (Read 513 times)

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
Torpedo Explosions & Hardpoint Emitters
« on: December 30, 2012, 04:54:41 PM »
Two questions.

1. Is there a way to give a torpedo or a pulse the ability to create a unique explosion effect when it hits the target? For those familiar with Voyager, I am trying to recreate the Malon Spatial Charges.

2. Is there a way to attach a smoke emitter property to a ship's hardpoint? I know how to attach a smoke trail to a torpedo, would this be done in a similar way? My goal with this is an attempt to recreate the plasma that is always being emitted from the Malon Freighters.

Any help would be appreciated.  :D

Offline vonfrank

Re: Torpedo Explosions & Hardpoint Emitters
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »
No suggestions yet huh?

I'm aware of Sneaker's Spatial Charges mod, but it is very old and uses the .bcmod format so I am concerned about using it. I also dont know if it looks any good because of just how old it is.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »
Use BCUT, got to 'Options' select as Default, if not it will unpack strait into your BC, this way you can LOOK at the files. :D
I just downloaded too, it will be in the "Unpacked' folder, doon't Forget, once youve unpacked 'switch back'
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »
Thanks tiqhud. I did that and I have been looking over sneaker's files. The problem I'm having with it is that they add a bunch of other things that I dont want to add to my install.

To accomplish what I want with the Spatial Charge effect I figure I need to do the following things:

-Trigger the texture animation for the Spatial Explosion when the torpedo hits the target
-Create a unique sound when the torpedo makes impact

Does anyone know how to do something like this? Can I put this into the torpedo's .py file directly or is another separate script needed?

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 03:11:54 PM »
Just delete the files you do not want to go into your install, by cross referencing those that only use the Spatial Charge effect. [you've got the files to read thru]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 05:26:56 PM »
OK. That seemed to work. The only problem is the speed at which the textures in the explosion change form one to the next. If there was a way to increase the 'frames per second' of the animation it would look a lot better.

Now to deal with my second question...

How do I attach green plasma emissions to the ship at various points? Is this even possible?