Author Topic: 3d max question  (Read 576 times)

Offline pepperman

• Cookies: 26
3d max question
« on: January 19, 2013, 04:35:38 PM »
Trying to understand 3d Max version 5....after you have UVW unwrapped your model, how do you export that file such that Phptpshop can read it?  THere's lots of tutorials out there for later version of Max but I am struggling to find that button or capability in version 5.

Offline genty

• Cookies: 19
Re: 3d max question
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »
One way would be to use a plugin called Texporter. Haven't used it for a while so can't remember what to do but you can get the plugin from here.
http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/3dsmax/

Offline pepperman

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 06:29:47 AM »
upgrade to 3dmax 2012 would give u a better option, but 2009 also have a good way of doing it too, textporter is old and gone now, u may still find it as a plug in though somewhere

Offline pepperman

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 07:49:20 AM »
upgrade to 3dmax 2012 would give u a better option, but 2009 also have a good way of doing it too, textporter is old and gone now, u may still find it as a plug in though somewhere

Fortunately, I was able to find textporter.   :)  It seems easy to use and gets the job done.  Now I just need to figure out the workflow in unwarap the model.  Been a Milkshape user for years so transitioning to Max has been say we say .... err ...chanllenging.  But you got to start sometime, right.  Your Vor'cha Attack Cruiser modeling has been one of several sorces of inspiration that has promted me to put Milkshape down and give it go.  In fact, I am modeling the ol Romulan Bird of Prey right now as my first test subject.  The design wasn't overly complicated, plus it wasn't Federation.  lol

As far as upgrading to 3dmax 2012, let's just say I like to keep my eyes and options open.