Author Topic: Romulan Bird of Prey [WIP]  (Read 1594 times)

Offline pepperman

• Cookies: 26
Re: Romulan Bird of Prey [Finished]
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 08:24:52 PM »
The larger panels are starting to grow on me ....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Romulan Bird of Prey [WIP]
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 07:38:38 AM »
well, the Rom boP isn't supposed to be that big of a ship to begin with, so the larger panels work (though the arrangement for the wings looks a little bit funky)  The last thing I'd been working on before my comp crash was a free-model one of these with some odd UV arrangements.  I note you didn't go for the landing feet, here.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »
yup agreed looks good but wings are off mate :D

Offline pepperman

Re: Romulan Bird of Prey [Finished]
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 05:28:02 PM »
I think I?ll declare victory on this one and move onward and upward.  I accomplished my goal of making a complete model in 3d Max.  Being a Milkshape user for several years, I was intimidated by the thought of using Max but that fear has now been conquered.  Without question, I learned a lot in the process.  In many ways waiting this long to try Max was even more problematic.  I?d watch a video on Youtube only to find out the version I?m using didn?t have that functionality.  But even in this simple example, I got to experiment with arrays and the like.  Once I got past the  buttonology, things started to click.  

While she?s not perfect by any means, the end result is decent quality.  Granted, the triangle count is high (19,644) for such a simple model.  But at the end of the day, I am satisfied with the effort and end result.  Thanks to all for the advice and encouragement.

I?ll submit the model and textures to the mesh section in case anyone wants to play with it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 07:31:06 PM »
That is too pretty to be left out of the game.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline pepperman

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2013, 06:41:09 PM »
In case anyone want a link.  Hit F5 if it doesn't load straight away.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Romulan_Bird_of_Prey;121587

Offline zgok

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 12:14:30 AM »
I would love to help make a hardpoint for this beautiful ship, provided someone managed to get the mesh in game. Splendid work pepperman!