Author Topic: Looking for Richard? Guess where they found him...  (Read 685 times)

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
Looking for Richard? Guess where they found him...
« on: February 04, 2013, 03:17:15 PM »
...buried beneath a parking lot, of all places. "Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by this sun of York."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-21063882
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
Re: Looking for Richard? Guess where they found him...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 03:39:36 PM »
Waiting for a documentary to start about it! Amazing he has finally been found. There is push to give him a full state funeral but doubt it will happen

Offline JB2005

• Scripter, Lawyer, Soldier, Spy
  • Cookies: 58
    • Captain's Orders Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »
I enjoyed watching the Press Conference this morning! What made it particularly enjoyable was that I was watching it via live stream on the BBC Website and at the point where the Channel 4 exec started to speak, the transmission cut out and a message popped up saying "This Broadcast has ended!"

Well played BBC!
http://captainsordersdevelopmentblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/preview-no-1.html- Captains Orders Development Blog - Last Updated 10/12/2011

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 01:31:14 PM »
I didn't see any news yesterday about it as I don't have internet access at work. I knew the documentary was going to be shown.

Amazing, so remarkable. Seeing a chapter in history being closed somewhat.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:41:02 PM »
Waiting for a documentary to start about it! Amazing he has finally been found. There is push to give him a full state funeral but doubt it will happen

The fact he's gonna get a funeral at all is remarkable, considering his reputation's been dragged through the mud by five hundred years of propaganda and revisionism, largely started by his successor.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 03:45:49 PM »
I agree Josh. Love him or hate him he was a King of England, and deserves a proper funeral to reflect his status. I mean he was the last monarch to die in battle so come on!

If the Tudor propaganda is true or not is for people themselves to decided but it isn't every day a lost monarch is dug up so I think full advantage of the situation should be taken.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 06:14:32 PM »
[sarcasm]Might as well make some money from it.  Dumb foreigners will buy anything if it has something to do with "royal" and "British" on it :P[/sarcasm]

Meh.

I miss :bigdance: