Author Topic: Fixed my own problem. Also, some newbie info about MPE that helps alot.  (Read 439 times)

Offline BleHz0r

• Cookies: 0
Okay.
ive been doing some hp modding on my own since 2005. when i didnt know something, i asked.
now im having problems again. i know how to edit and i understand mostly everything in mpe, what i dont understand is when people say xyz lines or blue, green, red lines. i DONT have them. i do arcs and position/orientation by "feeling" and logic, not with any lines. but i understand how it can be easier. so why dont i have those lines?
did i misunderstood or what? does noone have them? or is my mpe bugged.. again? -.-

id appreciate someone clearing this up for me. ive been searching for some clarity on this subject for the past hour, both here and in google and i cant seem to find anything related to this subject..

any help would be much appreciated :)
cheerio

PS. i dont know if this was posted in the wrong section or not. cuz all i saw was WIPs of mods not any tech question lol.

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: hardpoint related.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:08:42 PM »
on mpe things like

phasers have a green red and blue line red is the direction of fire green points up

you should have the same with the View screen properties.

other things in mpe dont have those lines.

not sure if this is helping any but if you dont have those lines on those systems then im not sure why
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline BleHz0r

• Cookies: 0
Re: hardpoint related.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:21:27 PM »
so.. i solved my own problem by searching around on the forum a bit more. after 8 effing years -.-'
the problem i had was that i loaded the nif, resized and loaded the hp script. i then opened the hp in the property>load template submenu in the menu bar.. i never got the angles, ellipses or xyz axis or anything.

i do suggest u do it this way for anyone who doesnt know it yet.
open up the model nif in mpe, resize, load hp and on the right hand menu of the window, click on the + until you get to "Scene Root". click on it and you should have everything in the left hand menu and also the angles on weapons and ellipses on phasers and what not.

i'm already amazed at how i could've possibly missed this and also feel like THIS should be in the mpe readme/tutorial..
i practically used trial and error for a LONG time. i hope i saved someone this little bit of trouble when starting out or has been in this situation for a while..

cheers :)

hobbs.. you posted while i was writing. and yes, that's what i didn't have :) anyways it's how it should be now. thx for the reply regardless :)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
maybe I still need to make those videos I always wanted to do but never got time for.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129