Author Topic: my sketch thread. new sketch with photo referance pic  (Read 5957 times)

Offline M@DM@X

• Cookies: 0
my sketch thread. new sketch with photo referance pic
« on: March 10, 2007, 10:38:50 PM »
well, i picked up a pencil and paper and started messing around and ended up drawing this, only a simple rose but i think its good.
started off as a sketch, imported it into photoshop via my webcam to add color over the main image and i also redrew it in photoshop making the last pic the first thing ive ever made in a 2d program lol.

Offline M@DM@X

Re: my sketch
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 11:38:23 PM »
only god knows why i stopped drawing for 7 years cause i sure as hell dont

Offline M@DM@X

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 09:51:03 AM »
18 views and no replys, cant be as good as i thourght

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 09:59:51 AM »
oh, yes you are. ;)

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 12:00:32 PM »
Nice stuff MM, what other pics do you have in your collection!?. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more!!  :D

Offline M@DM@X

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 02:12:48 PM »
well, i have my old gcse course work but alot of that is on a3 paper so there massive compeared to them other 2 that are on a4. tho saying that the horse takes up almost all my a4 page in my sketch book lol.
ive added the main to the horse just need to touch it up, alot.

Offline M@DM@X

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 10:27:56 PM »
more on the horse. still lots of stuff to do

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:47 AM »
Those are cool sketches Max.

For the rose i would suggest you add more levels of brushed shades and removes the outlines so it would look more like the real one.

As for the horse it's shaping out nicely, but jusdging by the proportions it's not an ARAB or a Quarter which i'm used to see and mount lol.

Offline M@DM@X

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 02:45:47 PM »
lol. i rode an arab yesterday. was pretty good. fairly young guy to 7 years old and acting like a 4 yearold. i think he was excited about been out on a hack tho. poped over acouple of logs on the cross country course there too :D
the horse in the picture is a Thoroughbred, surprisingly in the 17th century tb's were arabs they where used to breed to native british horses that now make the Thoroughbred's you see now in the uk. very beautiful horse but some can me a bit nutty and extreamly forward going. if your a novice rider they can be enough to put you off if your unlukly enough to ride one of hte many forward going ones.
i knew you would post in here LC thankyou for your comments they mean alot from someone with your drawing ability

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 03:57:20 PM »
Nicey :)
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline M@DM@X

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 02:58:54 PM »
well, got a new sketch for you all. hope you like

made this using a picture reference from toni marie hudson all credit goes to her for the original peice, i just wanted to copy as close i could

Offline M@DM@X

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 05:01:17 PM »
anyone else got anything to say?

Offline DaAan

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 05:47:52 PM »
yeah... you suck :P (j/k)

looks cool man.. tho i think your overly obsessed with horses for a guy your age but meh

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 07:24:17 PM »
well, i have my old gcse course work but alot of that is on a3 paper so there massive compeared to them other 2 that are on a4. tho saying that the horse takes up almost all my a4 page in my sketch book lol.
ive added the main to the horse just need to touch it up, alot.

Touch up eh? If I may...

Offline M@DM@X

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 03:46:03 AM »
lol, thxs. wasnt thinking much about digital art yet, dosnt make sense for me to until i can sort out money for a graphics tablet. lol steve, its not my fault i have a big space in my heart for horse's i just love been around them; even the nutty ones. besides, have you seen the bums on alot of the lady's that ride :D:D:D:D:D

Offline M@DM@X

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 02:03:16 PM »
well, got a new sketch for you all. hope you like

the sketch in this post was created using referance from someone elses artwork, i just found out who created the original so im going to give credit to toni marie hudson, too bad she cant see this thread as i would like to thank her for the inspiring work
here is the pic of her work

Weasel

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »
Horse... it's whats for dinner.   :P I used to love BBQ horse-kabobs. When I was a teen in Belgium, we used to nosh upon them whilst drinking Grolsch and playing D&D.

Offline Adm_willie

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 01:06:54 PM »
damn thats some fine work out there :)

MYar

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 02:32:33 PM »
Horse... it's whats for dinner.   :P I used to love BBQ horse-kabobs. When I was a teen in Belgium, we used to nosh upon them whilst drinking Grolsch and playing D&D.

Dude you eat horses ?

Anyway I thought that one pic was familiar (big horse freak :D ) Still great work

Offline M@DM@X

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 11:55:55 AM »

new pic. been commisioned to do this one, im like "what the hell, im not that good" and there like "yes you are" got like another 10 people wanting me to go sketchs of there horses too  :shock: