Author Topic: Broken Mirror 3: Rise of The Empire  (Read 526 times)

Offline JPB18

• Cookies: 0
Broken Mirror 3: Rise of The Empire
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:11:40 PM »
So, me and a few other people (including Toa Kaita) are currently working in a project game named Broken Mirror 3: Rise of the Empire. It's a sequel to a Flash Game series named Flash Trek: Broken Mirror, however, we're doing this one with the Unity3D game engine.

This game happens in a Mirror Universe where the Federation is replaced by the Earth Empire, which used to have a firm hand on the Alpha Quadrant. However, centuries of war against the Klingons, the Dominion, the Borg, etc, left the Alpha Quadrant depleted, with an extensive trail of destruction. The player has the mission of either restoring the glory of its race (The player can pick between several of the main factions), or build its own empire, and bring prosperity back!

The main focus of the game is to have a balance between tactical combat, stategical empire management and trade/diplomacy, where the player can control its ship and fleet in offensive and defensive battles, build it's empire economy and its defenses, help allies, trade with trade partners, etc...

Here's the facebook page, which has some screenshots and development logs:

http://www.facebook.com/bm.rise

We're still pretty early in the concept phase, and we're still mind-mapping some of the game play features, making some GUI mock-ups, etc, but still tell us what you think of the concept, and give out some ideas!

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: Broken Mirror 3: Rise of The Empire
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:54:35 PM »
Just a few questions:
1. Is this a commercial project?
2. Are you using Unity free or pro version?

Oh, and welcome to the forums.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline JPB18

• Cookies: 0
Re: Broken Mirror 3: Rise of The Empire
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »
Nope, it's not a comercial project, and we're using Unity Free for the time being... (However, if I can get a hold of Pro version, I will surelly use it :P)