Author Topic: Bombings in Boston  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
Re: Bombings in Boston
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 02:38:33 PM »
Good news! Anonymous has taken over everything media related that WBC has.
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 06:42:03 PM »
I can't wait until Fred Phelps dies so I can picket that dick heads funeral, and yes, I would actually do that.   :dontcare:  What a bunch of asshats. 

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 06:49:20 PM »
now THAT sounds like a hell of an idea.  give them a taste of their own medicine, literally.

*reads Trim's title* 

why, HELLO fellow troper!
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 03:09:43 PM »
Boston is now on a complete lockdown of the entire downtown area and surrounding areas...  
all public transport (trains, subways, buses, cabs, etc) are all shut down until further notice, all businesses downtown are closed, people are being told to not be walking around or anything and to stay home...
very eerie indeed... looks post-apocalyptic really...
check out these photos!

Boston Deserted, Streets Empty During Lockdown (PHOTOS)

other pics:

16 Eerie Images Of Boston On Lockdown

as someone that spends a great deal of time hanging out with my boston friends up there, these pics are just so weird to see - especially since i know those locations very well...
just very weird to see it like that...

(from facebook)
Meet Jeff Bauman, after losing both legs to the Boston Marathon bombings Jeff managed to identify both suspects for police.

Jeff is now recovering, and even got a visit from his favorite celebrity Bradley Cooper.

Jeff, you're a hero. We wish you a speedy recovery.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2013, 10:15:49 AM »
They got him
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2013, 12:14:47 PM »
The thing that gets me - damn CNN again - is that they make a big whoopdeedoo about the brothers, how they're "living the American Dream", how they're "good kids", yada ya. Just like the little shitheads who raped that girl in Ohio, CNN making the big deal about how they were star football players and what not, how "their lives are ruined" - where's this sympathy for rapists and murderers coming from? How about the victims, eh?
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2013, 12:28:49 PM »
CNN is the more cautious news they follow the lives and report the news slowly. They had already done a shit lode about the victims. They really don't go out of their way to label anyone until after it's all over.

Fox on the other hand gets the news and regurgitates it quickly and is more prone to errors. IMO
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 02:04:33 AM »
nooo - CNN was making all sorts of mistakes...
watch this to see how:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-april-17-2013/the-most-busted-name-in-news

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 07:24:34 PM »
Didn't one of them say that the suspect was Zoey Deschanel?!
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 07:35:07 PM »
and CNN owned up to it on their show called "Reliable Sources" which analyzes the news coverage and reporting done over the week on many different focuses/aspects.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »
The thing that gets me - damn CNN again - is that they make a big whoopdeedoo about the brothers, how they're "living the American Dream", how they're "good kids", yada ya. Just like the little shitheads who raped that girl in Ohio, CNN making the big deal about how they were star football players and what not, how "their lives are ruined" - where's this sympathy for rapists and murderers coming from? How about the victims, eh?

they're always "good kids", they're always "the good neighbours", and they're always "the family people"....
but as long as there is a chance of someone slipping off the law and harming others, there will be harm done.
basically, because they can

whether or not they are caught afterwards, there's nothing stopping them from ever plotting something like that.
hell, I have the materials for a molotov arsenal in my back yard's shed... I could set the whole block on fire, and nobody would ever get any warnings until it was too late.

the thing is: everyone, at some point in their lives, gets the knowledge on how to harm other beings... it's human nature (we wouldn't be humans if we hadn't developed the spear for hunting, or the fire for cooking)

you can't give any serious understanding or forgiveness to these men, but it gets you thinking about the "how" they got to think about the act of causing harm to others
the sooner we understand that violence is not a sickness but a symptom, the sooneer we will get rid of the actual disease, and the sooner we will change this world.

...come on.. this is supposed to be a Star Trek fan site... aren't you guys supposed to understand this phylosophy thing already? XD