Author Topic: Game Controls Help  (Read 1011 times)

Offline fleet-captain

• Cookies: 1
Game Controls Help
« on: April 20, 2013, 12:07:38 PM »

I posted earlier because Im struggling on Ep.6 Miss. 5. Through searching on the net I hear you can order your allied ships to attack a designated target? I don't know how to do this, and have no instruction manual. I bought this game 4 months ago and it was disc only, no manual. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Game Controls Help
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
IIRC you're looking for the button in the helm menu
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 01:16:30 PM »
I don't seem to have such a button on the Helm menu whether Im in bridge mode, or tactical mode. Im playing the Maximum Warp edition, but I don't know which version.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 01:32:58 PM »
IIRC it should be one of the top 4 (don't have bc installed atm)

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
No dice on the helm menu. You'll have to forgive my lingo deficiency, but what is ATM as far as BC installation?

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 04:04:44 PM »
ATM = at the moment... also

see that button that says hail?

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 10:38:29 PM »
Yes I have the Hail button, however in your post it came us as IIRC. I couldn't figure out what that meants. Do I hail my fellow starships and have them focus on a target?

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 11:41:11 PM »
IIRC is common shortening of "If I recall correctly." As for your question that is the case you hail your fellow ships to assign orders.

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 12:12:34 AM »
Thanks I figured out how to assign orders. Still not much help though. I can make it through about 4 waves of enemies and then it's lights out. Only once have I even made it far enough for any shuttles to make it out. I guess there's some way to do it, and I just havent found it yet.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 12:29:17 AM »
Are you piloting the ship or are you having Felix do it?

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 12:42:12 AM »
Ive tried both. I'd like to do it on AI cuz that's the nature of the game, being the "bridge commander". But if I have to fly the ship I guess I will, though that hasn't worked either so far.

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 01:22:28 AM »
Alright guys, I really hate to beat a dead horse, but I'm about to lose it with this Episode 6, mission 5 and this whole game. I've tried flying myself, letting the AI do it, power systems on every setting imaginable, ordering allied ships to attack designated targets, or protect me, attack certain components on enemy ships, etc. Bottom line, I've tried everything I know how to do. In playing this mission probably 50 times, I've managed to make it to the shuttles coming back from the surface twice. TWICE! Both times I didn't make it till they warped out. I'm running version 1.1 as far as I know, but I don't think it's working right. Most time's Im fighting off 5 to 7 waves of enemy ships consecutively. Is this normal? I'm asking, with the patch working correctly, how many waves normally warp in? I saw on a post from many years ago that three is about normal. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 01:27:50 AM »
what difficulty are you playing this in?

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 01:59:37 AM »
Difficulty is on Captain. Or whatever the mid-range difficulty is. I'd hate to see what advanced looks like at this rate.   

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 02:17:18 AM »
could always run the game in testmode and skip ahead and tackle this mission later.

Question what are the ships you bring along for this mission?

One other thing... do you try to disable or destroy the enemy ships?

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 10:04:42 AM »
I have actually considered skipping ahead to the next mission, but I can't bring myself to do it. Other ships are the Khitomer, Zhukov, Magellan, and Devore. About half the time the Zhukov get's destroyed at Tezle 2 and doesn't make it to Tezle 1. I've learned if I skip the dialogue when I'm at Prendel and warp out immediately, I can generally get there in time to save the Zhukov, but not always. I also skip the dialogue through the whole Tezle 1 and 2 parts. Then about every 5th time I try the mission, when we all warp in to Tezle 1 the Magellan and Devore hit each other and explode, and I just re-start the mission. I've tried mostly to destroy the enemy ships. I tried once to disable a Kessok ship, but with my allied ships we ended up just destroying it. I thought about disabling one and leaving it alone, seeing if that would prevent other waves from warping in, but they just kept coming. Also, to add to my original post from yesterday, I'm facing at least 7 waves of enemies just to get to the shuttles coming back from the surface, both times that has happened. Generally an 8th one (or how many ever, but it's at least 7) warps in right as the shuttles are coming back, and my ship is so banged up I can't make it. I do pretty ok against 2 Kessok and 1 Galor, or Keldon. But when the waves warp in with a Custom Keldon I really start taking it in the shorts. I can survive usually, but I take serious hull and system damage fighting off those particular waves. And it seems like darn near every other wave after that has a Custom Keldon. Pretty detailed, but I ought to know. I've been trying this mission regularly.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 10:13:50 AM »
heh here is where actually hailing and allying that Kessok Heavy in the nebula comes in handy.

Also I'd go after the kessok sensors and repair systems first... those are the best targets to disable/destroy.

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2013, 08:19:13 PM »
At what part is the Kessok heavy at? I haven't noticed it yet, but Im usually busy fighting for my life. I'll look for it and try it. Also, I have the best luck hitting the Kessok ships in the repair system as well. Seems to take them out quickly. I'll try it.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2013, 08:35:31 PM »
oh wait your on ep 6... I was thinking later on in ep 8...

anyway...

http://www.the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Totally.games/bridge.commander.1.html

funny how the guy who made the walk through never hailed the heavy. xD

Offline fleet-captain

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2013, 12:54:35 AM »
Yeah i've read this walkthrough before. It's really helpful. Destroy the enemy ships when they show up and move on. Got to be the most basic walkthrough ever published.