Author Topic: The music of BC  (Read 471 times)

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
The music of BC
« on: May 26, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »
Hello my friends,
I noticed that there's something about BC which wasn't really discussed here: Danny Pelfrey's music (at least I haven't found any discussion about it).
Do you like his compositions? Why do you like/not like them? Which ones are your favourites?

I really enjoy his music, especially the calm compositions like EpisGen2 (the Quickbattle one) and Starbase12. Starbase12 (for me anyways) gives off the feeling of being... at home, being (more or less) save... I can't really find the right words for it.

(On a side note, I noticed some similarities between EpisGen2 and Falco's "Junge R?mer")
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: The music of BC
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:41:49 PM »
Like the music too.  Quiet ones are good  :).  Though a while since heard it, as replaced all the stock music with movie themes yonks ago.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 05:30:30 AM »
the first time I got BC, ... I couldn't play it... my PC couldn't handle can't remember what, and it kept crashing.
the only grasp I had of the game was the setup's splash screen, some screencaps, and the background music.

I fell in love with it the moment I heard it.

from that day on, I've been favouring instrumentals over sung songs every time I want some music.

hell... if I loved the setup music, you can imagine the eargasm I got when Episode 7 started. XD

Offline tannerwaterbury

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 11:53:21 PM »
The loading screen song piano tune sounds EXACTLY like Pink Floyd's "Us and Them" at a slower tempo. I was able to hum along with it and it matches PERFECTLY.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 03:24:17 PM »
yeah there is some striking similarity there...  perhaps the composer is a Floyd fan?

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 08:58:48 PM »
yeah there is some striking similarity there...  perhaps the composer is a Floyd fan?

We could ask Mr Pelfrey if he is one. ;)
TaH pagh, Tah be.