Author Topic: Star Trek Continues  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Star Trek Continues
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:35:28 PM »
The first episode of the fan series Star Trek Continues is out.  This series is being done by Trekkie and well known anime voice actor Vic Mignogna who also portrays Captain James Kirk.  Fellow voice actor Todd Haberkorn portrays Mr. Spock, Mythbusters host Grant Imahara plays Mr. Sulu, and Chris Doohan inherits the role of Scotty from his father.  Seeing as how Majel has joined Gene among the stars, they had to pick someone new to voice the Enterprise computer, and I think they made a rather fitting choice in Majel's on-screen TNG daughter, Marina Sirtis.  The first episode features a returning character from the episode "Who Mourns for Adonais" as the original actor of Apollo, Michael Forrest, reprises his role.  Watch below guys!

Personally, I really liked it.  My only complaint is with their choice for McCoy.  He doesn't quite have the right voice.  Never get an Okie to be a Kentucky man.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Star Trek Continues
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 12:05:29 AM »
As an Okie I think could pull Bones off, though I wonder if Nemeck was more there as a name rather than his proficiency at the character.  I really rather enjoyed it.  Todd Haberkorn was the big surprise for me as Spock, a character I don't feel a fan film has every really gotten right.  BSG-R's Apollo was a welcome surprise.  It was truly faithful to the style of TOS and I think in one or two episodes they may have it down close to perfect.
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:36:45 AM »
 :eek

THAT WAS AWESOME

:yay: :bow: :dance

im speachless....
wow
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 09:58:17 AM »
the link is missing, and you ALL got Bone's hometown wrong.  he's from atlanta
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 10:52:24 AM »
That's a bum link SK.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 11:42:56 AM »
agreed but if you type "star trek continues" into  a search engine it finds it or you type go to

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 01:48:18 PM »
just seen two minutes of previews.....:

it's on the right track...

I do hope they realize the stupid mistakes they're making regarding the production, and finally work on the fixing
stupid as in "common" kind of meaning, because when you see mistakes like that, you get the big banner above the scene shouting "LOOOOW BUUUUUDGEEEEEET!" back at you

but it's not that hard to achieve modern-day quality if they just spent a few more minutes in the set.

for example, the cuts from framing to framing as each character says their lines, with the akward pause between them... the lack of flow and continuity.... that's fixable, and it's not expensive.

Offline ShaunKL

• Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 09:41:55 PM »
Working hard on something like that day-to-day can cause one to lose perspective.  I'm sure the editing will be tighter as the crew gains more experience.  The fact that they did it as well as they did on the first try is really inspiring.
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 10:51:47 PM »
Love it....but can't help saying "ED!!!" every time I hear Vic speak LOL.  (Anyone who knows Vic's work knows my reference)

I'm amazed at how great Vic looks the part...at certain angles it's like looking at Shatner.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 12:56:47 AM »
I know the ref eclipse. :D

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »
I think the Holographic 'cowboy' at the beginning was Doug Drexler

Offline ShaunKL

• Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 12:36:51 AM »
It most definitely was.  Showing off his practiced pistol-handling skills.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 12:23:03 PM »
At first I was confused who this Vic guy was.  Then "Brothers" came up on my iPod.  I nearly Shat myself.

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:05 PM »
Wow, that was actually pretty good, definitely one of the better fan made Trek episodes I've seen.   :thumbsup:

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2013, 04:22:52 AM »
Spock sounds rather Tuvok-ish... something on the entonation...
Grant would sound much better if he stopped trying to copy Sulu and just worked on deepening his own voice...

Kirk is almost a carbon copy XD XD XD

(...was... was that... Jamie Bamber as a crewman!??!?!  :eek)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 06:25:39 AM »
Yes that was Jamie Bamber.

Which was kinda ironic, since he played a character called "Apollo", and was redshirted by something caused by another character named Apollo :P
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera