Author Topic: Weird lag..  (Read 272 times)

Offline Hawk2496

• Cookies: 0
Weird lag..
« on: May 29, 2013, 05:16:52 AM »
Ok this is a strange one.  I just reinstalled BC on my Win 7 x64 machine after two years. (the last time I played I had no issues at all)  No mods at this point, I just want to get the base game to work first.  When I load up QB, or anything really I get strange video lag from the crew sprites, and from ships in either the external view, or viewscreen..  Fraps is telling me I'm pegged at 60 FPS, but it feels more like 10.  The bridge interior is smooth and so is the main menu.  Here are my specs.

I7 2600k @ 4.6Ghz
8Gb RAM  
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1 GB with CCC 14.3

I've tried turning everything up, down, and sideways.  Compatibility mode, everything I can think of.  Hopefully someone can help me out here.  I really miss this game.

EDIT:  Not sure what I did, but after a system restart it started working perfectly....  I love technology....  If a mod would go ahead and delete this thread I would appreciate it.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Weird lag..
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
you can't use the default install location on Vista/7 machines.  it needs to be put in it's own folder.  hope you did that.
also, BC was written before they invented multiple core processors, so it only recognizes the top one.
I've also had trouble with these ATI raedon graphics cards.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet