Author Topic: BC on Windows 7 64bit...flickery and mouse problem  (Read 451 times)

Offline conter1

• Cookies: 0
BC on Windows 7 64bit...flickery and mouse problem
« on: May 30, 2013, 08:29:29 PM »
Hello guys,
i felt like playing the game finally again, but at the moment i'm having some problems under my new system that make bc actually unplayable...

I'm using Win7 64bit as OS, Intel I7 as core... and after installing BC, I noticed that already in the main menu the screen got flickery every 4-5 seconds...like a black frame popping up for half a second again and again.

In ADDITION, the mouse-arrow get's stuck somewhere in LCARS and moves kinda slow, sometimes falling behind my actual movements...

Starting the actual battle didn't help much, the same mistakes keep making the game no fun to play.

Installing patch 1.1 and Koba didn't help. also the compatibility mode didn't work.
Can anyone help? Thanks a lot! would be a shame not to be able to play it anymore.. :(

Offline Killallewoks

• RNR
  • Cookies: 175
  • Innuendo implier extordanaire.
Re: BC on Windows 7 64bit...flickery and mouse problem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 08:36:08 PM »
Don't whatever you do install it in C:\Program Files (x86) install it in C:\ as its own folder and it should work better.

Offline conter1

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »
Thanks for the nice advice, but that one didn't work.... the problem is still there....

Is there anything else that may help? Let it run on only one processor or so? Maybe any compatibility settings? Can i make any settings in my nvidia graphics driver?

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 06:44:17 PM »
Here are a bunch of threads about the Screen flickering problem, AFAIK it has nothing to do with graphics- or compatibility settings.
I think there was something about some text setting that may affects it, but on my installs it usually seems to come from something else.

IE. on my current install i get it randomly if there is another application running, and most of the time when i have an active internet connection;
while on my last PC i only got it very occasionaly (seemingly independent from from anything), while my Brother had it almost always.

Offline conter1

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 05:59:53 PM »
I got the problem with the flickery screen solved , seems like the reason was my disc (!!). it was really damaged already...when i bought a new BC and reinstalled from this new disc, it worked ALMOST perfect...

The only problem left is the one with concerning the MOUSE...i try to explain it more detailed:

When i move the mouse only very softly, almost no movement can be seen in the menus and on bridge...as soon as i move it waaay stronger/faster, at least it moves on screen but gets stuck  really fast as soon as slowing down the hand movement a little...

All in all this results in a really edgy, not smooth movement of the cursor on screen...and makes it kinda no fun to play.

Is this somehow connected to using a laser mouse?

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 06:22:18 PM »
sounds like mouse acceleration issues... try updating that mouses drivers
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline 007bashir

• Cookies: 111
  • Android User/Screenshooter/Sci-Fi Rendering
    • http://007bashir.deviantart.com/
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 03:07:37 AM »
got that flickering too. It helps when i turn off the spectaculares...

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 09:39:20 AM »
also might Help to, turn 'motion blur, and 'space dust'. :D
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline conter1

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
YAY i got it solved! It's all about disabling a function in windows 7...

Go to your control panel to the "Mouse" options, and under "Pointer options"  un-pick  "enhanced pointer precision" (the red circled option in the picture)

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3278/8byqrdgt_jpg.htm

After that, don't forget to click "apply" and if you are using a Logitech Device, do not open the Setpoint after doing this 'cause from my experience this will bring the pick back

Wohoo finally :D