Author Topic: Please help with some basic editing questions.  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
Re: Please help with some basic editing questions.
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 03:34:58 AM »
I know you are working on something more advanced than a simple sheet Nighthawk but im guessing you have a lot of work to do... hope you dont mind this being released.

I actually have the working code for calculating several magnitudes (like acceleration, mass, engine power, weapon power, shield recharge and sensor range) based on the ship's size, race, and (hopefully, though not yet) era.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to implement armor and engineering, but it's coming along nicely.

I just had a look at those sheets.... you used roughly the same proportion I used for masses and weapon reloads (galaxy at 4500 mass, TOS torpedoes at 400 damage....), but your hull strength is more than 10 times what I'm using... I got mine from the values of KM1.0, and most of the other values from on-screen facts (such as the TMP connie moving at a given speed, or the TNG galaxy taking a given time to turn, etc)
my cornerstones were the 16k hull of the KM1.0 sovereign, the fact that the TMP connie traverses about 300 meters in 55 seconds at 1/4 impulse, and the fact that the TNG galaxy and the NEM sovereign make a half turn in roughly 3 seconds..... everything else was extrapolated more or less from there XD