Author Topic: Bridge Plugin install error  (Read 356 times)

Offline timelapse

• Cookies: 0
Bridge Plugin install error
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »
Hi fellas! I'd like to say that I fondly remember playing BC with several great mods years ago and recently I've found myself nostalgic for some good old games after playing far to much filler lately. So with that in mind I dusted off my Bridge Commander CD and tried to get a good set of mods going again. High up on my list was the magnificent bridge plugins. Here's where my trip down memory lane was interrupted when I found my car wrapped around a light pole that popped up in the middle of my lane.

I've been trying for several hours at this point to get the late TNG bridge and Nemesis Sovereign bridges working in game but every time I try to install them I find myself blocked by the "bridge plugin core is not installed" error in the install .exe. I have patched the game, installed the foundation scripts, ran the install for the plugin, run the game between each and every step, made sure all the mutators are there and can't figure out what I'm missing. I think I followed all the instructions but maybe I missed something. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Bridge Plugin install error
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:45:26 PM »
after installing the Bridge Plugin Gold, you must run the game once and then exit the game before adding in anything else...

edit - oh wait, you said you did that lol

are you sure the exe installed the files in your BC location?
also, where did you install BC?

Offline timelapse

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:47:44 PM »
I did. Still could not get it to work.

Offline timelapse

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 01:05:46 PM »
Figured it out: needed to run bridge commander in Admin mode to allow it to make whatever changes are made on first run to be able to install the bridges.

EDIT:Does Bridge plugin not work with SP? I'm now crashing right after Admiral Liu's mission orders. I could have sworn I remembered using BP with Single player...though granted that was years ago.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
Any mods to BC that are not specifically design for Single Player will cause a crash upon starting or continuing a SP game...

Offline timelapse

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 03:21:58 PM »
So I can assume that BP is therefore not designed to work with Single Player then ... dang.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 04:22:56 PM »
unfortunately, unless someone works on a single player version...

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 10:00:01 PM »