Author Topic: WC Polaris Released!  (Read 578 times)

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
WC Polaris Released!
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:13:25 PM »
I just uploaded to Filefront, or you can download it here: http://michaelwileyart.com/pages/shipmodpages/polaris.html
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
Re: WC Polaris Released!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 04:34:33 PM »
 :bow:

Offline captainpendragon

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 08:02:22 PM »
Okay, I had posted this on Filefront;

"Oh! I am having an issue with shuttle launching though. I've cleared the carrier file, incase of another bad file, and I still cannot get the shuttles I add to launch. Other are not having this issue."

Meanwhile I broke the mod down in BCUT and MPE, and fixed the issues with the carrier file.  One, it was definitely built off of a Sovereign class, because all the model nifs point toward Sovereign and NOT to Polaris, so I fixed that.  Then the carrier file issues, to my knowledge went like this;  The shuttle bays were both designed under OEP (object emitters), whereas the actual bay in physical/targetable manner should be a Hull category. So, i fixed that First, and the shuttles were still not working.  It was when i pointed all the model properties to Polaris's nifs that things fell into place.   So, I can, with YOUR permission and to take the heat off of everyone else in HP editing, I can supply you with a working HP Patch for the polaris, if you would like?  If not, groovy, but the offer stands to anyone that would like me to send them one that is working.  Just PM me.  I did ad a slipstream drive to mine, personal reasons (It makes nice in getting around, and that intercepting is great when trying to save your fleet), and she just looks like a slip stream ship to me.  So, if you have slipstream I can add that on too. 

Besides all of that jargon, its one of the sexiest ships I've seen in a long time.  Mad props to its designer, and above all else, Hard Pointing is all numbers and little tricks, Modeling and skinning as you have done is the life essence, in my opinion.  My hat off to you, Sir.

Captain Pendragon, out.
The Doctor: Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I liked and that is not a safe place to stand!  I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 09:05:13 PM »
Well, I can't be perfect.  :roll

Mad props to its designer,
That would be me.

Send me the hardpoint so I can test it and thanks for fixing the miscellaneous script issues. I also forget to add the slipstream drive, so add that in too if you could.

Offline captainpendragon

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 09:18:39 PM »
It would be my pleasure, and great job, mate.  I've just been visiting your site, and I have always wanted to get into CG art.  I've been an artist since I was 5, and been going on since.  I've noticed you did a project for school, the Delorean concept.  What school are you going to, and great job on that.  What was the grade?  I'll get right on the Hard Pointing for you right now.  Have to start over a bit, I tweaked it to balance the mods I have on my pc, so i will restore it to your base with the slipstream drive and working shuttle bays.  And I was not at all shooting you down, sir, just like any new invention, there is always bugs to work out.  Those little bugs sometimes lead to even better designs, so congrats on your ship.   
The Doctor: Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I liked and that is not a safe place to stand!  I'm the Doctor and you're in the biggest Library in the universe. Look me up.

Offline captainpendragon

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 09:27:16 PM »
Oh, quick question.  You have a nif for Polaris without yacht....... what's its purpose?  The MVAM I take it, does not support individual separations?  Shall i fix that too? Or just leave it for the time being.  I have it in my game, but again, it only acts as a separate ship.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 11:02:46 PM »
  You have a nif for Polaris without yacht....... what's its purpose?
BC has limitations even with MVAM. A ship like the Polaris (even DJ's Enterprise-G) have this same issue- too many different variations of the ship that can separate.

I've noticed you did a project for school, the Delorean concept.  What school are you going to, and great job on that.  What was the grade?
Well, I graduated from a local university last December, and the Delorean concept was for an independent project (I made up the project). My 3D skills were advanced (there were no 3D modeling/animating classes available- only for fine arts) and I received an A for the course. I also created a process book, 2 posters, and a short 3D animation.

It was a challenge for me since I have never built a car before, let alone one from scratch (of my own design).

Offline captainpendragon

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 02:45:34 PM »
You could have fooled me, in never doing cars.  I was always a fan of the Delorean since BTTF trilogy.  I have a friend that owns one of the older ones, which had the flat hood that you could place a ball on, and it will not roll off.  From the front, she is ugly as hell, but one sexy rear end.  And gotta love the lifting doors.  I have even seen one that was painted!!!! Who the F*^% was smoking crack when they decided to paint it orange?!  To this day i have nightmares of that poor cars emotional drama.  That powdered steel look was one that made the Delorean what is was, next to the lifting doors.  Next thing you know, there will be lowriders, or mud tires placed on them by some hick.  This one time I sat next to a Ford Bronco, Old school, big body, all wheel drive, and KC lights across the top, and lo and behold, the retard made it a low rider, and not just that, but added these little micro-machines tires on it.  Kind of blew the whole thing up as to what it was built for......off road.  Now he cannot even roll over a reflector in the center medien without bottoming out.  I flipped the dude a bird.  Had too, I was so disgusted with this "Thug life, Thug truck, driven by some country boy, honky tonk who's only experience in being a gangster is drinking beers, and sniping deer from tree stands."  Anywho, great job, and cheers.