Author Topic: Evangelion Marathon  (Read 772 times)

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
  • Cookies: 11
  • Babylon 5: The Last of the Babylon Stations.
Evangelion Marathon
« on: June 22, 2013, 07:22:46 AM »
Recently, I have been spending my evenings watching one of the greatest animes of all time: Neon Genesis Evangelion. But I reached the ne ginning of the Descent Arc last night and for the first time ever, I was in tears over an, albeit old, tv program.

But the morals behind the show are clear. I won't spoil it for anyone, but if you like animes, Evangelion is a real thought- (and tear) jerker. I recommend.
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8396544/1/Conundrum

Pirates.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Re: Evangelion Marathon
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »
I love Neon Genesis Evangelion, right up to the last couple of episodes.  Which, while it had some very good ideas, they weren't executed well and, in some cases, felt like they ran out of money so they let their children draw for it.  Still, if you can get past that and actually think about it, it's quite a good and positive ending.  And then there was End of Evangelion... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :hithead: :hithead: :hithead:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 02:30:18 PM »
I love Neon Genesis Evangelion, right up to the last couple of episodes.  Which, while it had some very good ideas, they weren't executed well and, in some cases, felt like they ran out of money so they let their children draw for it.  Still, if you can get past that and actually think about it, it's quite a good and positive ending.  And then there was End of Evangelion... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :hithead: :hithead: :hithead:
Wow, I've heard nothing but praise for EoE until now
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

Pirates.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 04:18:10 PM »
Wow, I've heard nothing but praise for EoE until now
How can ANYONE praise that?  Hell, it starts off on the wrong foot by having Shinji doing...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....over a comatose Asuka, then everyone in the world starts DYING.  End of Eva was horrific.  And the random live action bits are weird as hell too.  There was some good in that movie, but definitely not if you're looking for anything upbeat.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 09:20:46 AM »
How can ANYONE praise that?  Hell, it starts off on the wrong foot by having Shinji doing...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....over a comatose Asuka, then everyone in the world starts DYING.  End of Eva was horrific.  And the random live action bits are weird as hell too.  There was some good in that movie, but definitely not if you're looking for anything upbeat.
Watched it last night... :wtf :s :sad:

Pirates.

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
Sure it's disgusting, but it's a real thing that sometimes happens.  It's a reflection of Shinji's general effed up-ness with all the random crazy stuff that's happening.

Real life can be pretty damn terrible a lot of the time.  Just because EoE was depressing and horrible does not make it "bad".

Or if you want we can just all huddle in a circle and sing kumbaya. :P

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 09:47:52 AM »
Watched it again the other day.

Finally understand it now.

But nothing hurts more than watching Asuka die :cry:

Pirates.