Author Topic: Changing screen resolution  (Read 357 times)

Offline fleet-captain

• Cookies: 1
Changing screen resolution
« on: June 27, 2013, 12:11:08 AM »
Hey all,

I remember reading awhile back about changing the screen resolution for the game. I never could get it to work for me, even editing in the config files and what not. In fact, on my XPS 15Z laptop, ALL games I play are the same resolution, in basically a "portrait" mode. Leaving 2 in black margins on each side of the screen. I guess I'd like to figure out a way to play them, and videos, in landscape mode, so they fill up the whole screen. Changing resolution has not helped so far. Any help is appreciated.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Changing screen resolution
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 02:09:21 AM »
sounds like some option in the GFX cards config panel cause that should be full screen.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Anew9

• Cookies: 1
Re: Changing screen resolution
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 08:41:49 PM »
Hey all,

I remember reading awhile back about changing the screen resolution for the game. I never could get it to work for me, even editing in the config files and what not. In fact, on my XPS 15Z laptop, ALL games I play are the same resolution, in basically a "portrait" mode. Leaving 2 in black margins on each side of the screen. I guess I'd like to figure out a way to play them, and videos, in landscape mode, so they fill up the whole screen. Changing resolution has not helped so far. Any help is appreciated.

Go to your Bridge commander folder in your program files x68/Activision folder. ON the first page is where you'll see data, scripts, sfx etc. Look for a notepad document labelled options.cfg. Open it in NOTEPAD +++ and find the lines under the graphics options section DISPLAY HEIGHT and DISPLAY WIDTH.

To get the resolution you want, change the numbers to the resolution your screen supports ie: If I have a 1600 x 900 screen, I set Display Height to 900 and Display Width 1600. Click SAVE.

NOTE: BC does not like 16:9 resolutions too much and mine always crashes after 1600 x 900 resolution. SO try to keep it UNDER that value.