Author Topic: best graphic mods for bridge cammander  (Read 534 times)

Offline tmosler

• Cookies: 0
best graphic mods for bridge cammander
« on: July 15, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »
I am new here so I am unsure if this is the right fourm to place my question but I recently bought bridge cammander and it has been fun but its starting to look a bit dated. my question is I am new to modding but I heard there are many great mods here to improve the graphics so I was wondering if someone could tell me the best mods top improve the graphics in single play in bridge cammander.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: best graphic mods for bridge cammander
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »
SP or QB?
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline tmosler

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 04:17:48 PM »
just mods for single player

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 04:21:14 PM »
If you're after improved graphical SP game (the missions), this might be what after:

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,8349.0.html

Still WIP but hope to release before end of year  :)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 04:23:42 PM »
in single player im not sure there is much you can do... but there is a single player mod in the works :)

while you wait (and make a second install so you have a clean un modded one for when you want to play the game and one for the modded version) get the following mods:

official patch (i assume you have this)

KM 2011 (Kobayashi maru 2011) : http://bckobayashimaru.de/ws/index.php?id=downloads

BCS: The Beginning: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/;59227

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline tmosler

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:49:17 PM »
Thanks for all your quick replies I am defintely going to download the wip mod which reminds me of the great remastering work being done on the tng blu rays. also I was wondering if theres any more mods at all for the singleplayer that improves on graphics. I heard that the BC Supermod 3 works with single player but i am unsure if it improves graphics. Lastly does the kobiashi maru mod only affect multiplayer?

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 12:27:07 AM »
if you browse BCfiles you'll find tones of texture mods for planets stars and ships that will replace the stock ships.

you can play SP in KM you just need to disable the majority of the mods.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 09:21:22 PM »
Thanks for all your quick replies I am defintely going to download the wip mod which reminds me of the great remastering work being done on the tng blu rays. also I was wondering if theres any more mods at all for the singleplayer that improves on graphics. I heard that the BC Supermod 3 works with single player but i am unsure if it improves graphics. Lastly does the kobiashi maru mod only affect multiplayer?

Kobayashi Maru works best in MP and Quickbattle, most mods don't work in the Single Player campaign because they mess with various scripted events.  BC Supermod does improve the graphics a great deal, all of the ships are replaced by much newer versions.  You will find gameplay more difficult though, as the balance has changed.

Offline tmosler

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 12:08:39 PM »
thanks for your reply it was a big help