Author Topic: Can't get Stargate pack v3 to work!!!!  (Read 472 times)

Offline ashleyb58

• Cookies: 0
Can't get Stargate pack v3 to work!!!!
« on: July 17, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »
Hi all, I recently bought STBC in the hope of using the stargate pack v3 (huge fan of stargate here), however my hopes have been dashed. It wont work. On the read me it says I need STBC (obviously), the 1.1 patch, Nano Fx, Shuttle Launching Framework, Mvam Infinite and Bcs The beginning and foundation.

Ok, heres what I do:

1. I installed foundation using BCUT

2. Booted up the game, it worked

3. Installed Nano Fx by unzipping them into the STBC directory and merging the folders

4. Booted up the game, it worked

5. Installed Stargate Pack v3 by unzipping them into the STBC directory and merging the folders

6. Booted up the game, it didn't work

By didnt work I mean I got a black screen apart from the STBC cursor in the middle, no start up of the game or anything. I am runnign Windows 7 32 bit. Tried running as admin and in compatibility mode for the OS the game was designed for and it still didn't work. It seems to me something in the SG pack is clashing with something in Nano Fx and/or foundation. The name of my Nano fx file is: nanofx2.0_beta. Just to make sure I have the right version (downloaded from bridge commander filefront so I presume it is the most up to date). I really hope someone can advise because I would adore to fly the stargate ships. I have tried multiple combinations of what to install first and it still doesn't work :(

Hope someone can help

Ash

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: Can't get Stargate pack v3 to work!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 04:20:23 PM »
are yo sure you installed all the required files you only mention installing nano fx and foundation... what about the others.

can you provide a link to the stargate pack v3?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 04:27:35 PM »
By didnt work I mean I got a black screen apart from the STBC cursor in the middle
please post a console report...
this thread explains how to do that: http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,57.0.html

Offline ashleyb58

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:14:07 AM »
Here is a pic of the console report:

http://i42.tinypic.com/29zsepz.jpg

And here is the link to the pack:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/8430985

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 05:02:03 AM »
are you sure you installed all the required files you only mention installing nano fx and foundation... what about the others.

what about that?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 05:52:15 AM »
You could also use the latest Kobayashi Maru as a base. It has every requirement of the Stargate pack included, plus some other features.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 10:28:34 AM »
ok to fix this problem, i have uploaded the script here to sendspace...
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qzc8z5
the script (called F_MineAI.py) goes directly in your "scripts" folder of your BC install...

also, please note that when installing BC, you should not have install to it's default location, and instead create your own location for it (like C:\Games or something)...

please let us know if this fix worked for you or if you have any further issues...

Offline ashleyb58

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »
Usning that file in the script worked! Thanks. However I do get some yellow boxes around some ships

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »
can you post a screenshot?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »
it sounds like NanoFX isn't working properly.  Have all the mutators and settings been enabled?

Offline ashleyb58

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 07:56:01 AM »
Just reinstalled Nano FX and everything is now working fine. Thanks for all the help everyone!