Author Topic: BSOD  (Read 417 times)

Offline DMWalsh79

• Cookies: 8
BSOD
« on: August 15, 2013, 02:59:14 PM »
Have an interesting problem that keeps popping up.  I have an install with KM 1.0, DS9FX Extended, Galaxy Charts 2.0, and Slipstream installed.  I got a BSOD last week after clicking the Turn War Simulator Off icon so I could do just regular QuickBattle stuff.  Uninstalled everything and reinstalled.  Then today I click the same icon and get the BSOD AGAIN.  Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening or how I can fix it and stop it?  Don't like the idea of losing Galaxy Charts and don't like the other versions of KM, they crash to desktop a lot more on my machine then 1.0 does.  Thanks in advance for any help.
"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends" W.B. Yeats

"When one is dealing with monsters, He must take care not to become one himself" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: BSOD
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:47:26 PM »
well, usually, I found that installing anything on TOP of KM would cause file derps.  especially Galaxy charts.  slipstream stopped working on me altogether.  better post a console report.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
the latest version already contains the latest Galaxy Charts and DS9FX-Extended so you should not install them over KM...
in either event, youll need to post a console report...

Offline DMWalsh79

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:36:50 PM »
KM 1.0 just has the regular DS9FX and no Galaxy Charts.  I use Console Tracker 1.7 and for some reason it's not kicking out a report.  Is there another tracker out there?
"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends" W.B. Yeats

"When one is dealing with monsters, He must take care not to become one himself" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 02:51:49 AM »
any reason why you dont use the latest version of KM? 
KM 1.0 is outdated...

as far as getting a console report, please see the stickied thread in this forum...

Offline DMWalsh79

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 10:46:15 AM »
The newer versions of KM crash to desktop a lot more then 1.0 does on my machine for some reason so I stick with 1.0.

I will go check the sticky out.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 11:23:29 AM »
that is weird you get CTD's with the newest version of KM - it is a hell of alot more stable than KM1.0 is...

Offline DMWalsh79

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 12:26:47 PM »
Yeah I don't get it either.  Is there someplace in particular I should put the Logs folder for the Logger?

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »
create a folder called "Logs" in the scripts/Custom folder...
or you could try and take a screenshot of the console report itself by hitting the ~ button when you get the BSOD

Offline DMWalsh79

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »
Okay here's the log:

Outdated Foundation, updating functions
Outdated Foundation, installing FolderManager
Repairing ship description outputs...
Foundation Tech loaded
Traceback (innermost last):
  File ".\Scripts\MainMenu\mainmenu.py", line 49, in ?
    import Multiplayer.MultiplayerMenus
  File ".\Scripts\Multiplayer\MultiplayerMenus.py", line 16, in ?
    import MissionLib
  File ".\Scripts\MissionLib.py", line 3, in ?
    import loadspacehelper
  File ".\Scripts\loadspacehelper.py", line 14, in ?
    Foundation.LoadExtraPlugins()

File ".\Scripts\Foundation.py", line 729, in LoadExtraPlugins
    pModule = __import__(dotPrefix + fileName)

File ".\Scripts\Custom\Autoload\LoadGalaxyCharts.py", line 14, in ?
    import Custom.GalaxyCharts.Galaxy
  File ".\Scripts\Custom\GalaxyCharts\Galaxy.py", line 35, in ?
    if GalaxyLIB.GetConfigValue("LogGalaxy") == 1:
  File ".\Scripts\Custom\GalaxyCharts\GalaxyLIB.py", line 333, in GetConfigValue
    return pConfigScript.LoggerConfig.LogGalaxy
AttributeError: LoggerConfig
AttributeError: GotFocus
AttributeError: BuildMainMenu
AttributeError: BuildMultiplayerMenus
AttributeError: LostFocus
AttributeError: GotFocus

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 04:51:29 AM »
reinstall.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 01:32:52 PM »
indeed - just go with the newest version of KM instead this time...