Author Topic: Slight shuttle launching problem  (Read 636 times)

Offline DANZ_VON_LUCK

• Cookies: 0
Slight shuttle launching problem
« on: September 26, 2013, 07:58:03 PM »
Ok so I have the TMP Constitution set to launch type 3 shuttles. It carries 8 with max number of 12 and it launches them fine but when i press return shuttle it says the shuttles too big for the bay. Whats the problem and how do I fix it???
I tried doing a search but couldnt find anything (plenty on launching shuttles but not much on getting them back lol, great for marooning bad crew i guess  :P )
Thanks in advance for any help

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Slight shuttle launching problem
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 09:00:29 PM »
maybe Defiant or Starforce can chime in here, it's been a while since I've messed with that, but as I recall it had something to do with the size of the shuttlebay in the hardpoint.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:25:51 PM »
this is a matching problem involving the hardpoints of both the shuttle and the launching ship.  what you've got is a shuttle that's too BIG for any of the bays.  most people don't scale match ships, anyway.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 07:58:57 AM »
The solution for this would be to search the ships Hardpoint in: scripts/ships/hardpoints
(it's a .py file, you can open it with any standard text editor, like e.g. notepad.
On another Note: Delete the corresponding .pyc file for the changes to have an effect)

and alter the .setRadius values for (both ?) the Shuttlebay and Shuttlebay_OEP (or whatever their actual name is) Properties.

AFAIK no Shuttle (even the horribly oversized ones) is bigger than 0.5 game units.

If that still is not big enough you could get the actual shuttle size in Quickbattle, if you set the Playership to said Shuttle,
open the console ( press ^ (that could vary depending on keyboard layout))
and type:
import App
import MissionLib
print App.ShipClass_Cast(MissionLib.GetPlayer()).GetRadius()

The Shuttlebay -size must be at least that large.
Oh, also the Console always assumes US / Qwety layout; so if your Keyboard uses something else it would be much less frustrating to search beforehand where stuff like y/z, "_", and the brackets are positioned on that layout.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 08:59:10 AM »
 :yeahthat:
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 11:29:05 AM »
well, this WAS developed over a decade ago, and the shuttles were designed to be visible over being launchable.

we MAY have to just shrink the shuttle radius (radii?) to like 0.1 to make them universally launchable.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 02:27:58 PM »
or, Make shuttle bay property, radius bigger, with many damage points make stronger :D
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?