Author Topic: Resolution Issues, Game Now Not Starting  (Read 277 times)

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
Resolution Issues, Game Now Not Starting
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:47:29 AM »
I just started BC for the time since I hooked up a new monitor.  The game opened fine though the resolution was set to 1920x1080 whereas my new display is 1920x1200.  So I went into the additional resolutions tab (as provided by KMod) and set it to 1680x1050.  So I went back in after the game had closed and got an error message (which I can't reproduce or show now because of a new problem) saying something like the game couldn't support the selected resolution.

My next step was to remove the options file (I think I mixed up my older game troubleshooting tips)and that didn't do anything.  I put the options file back in my Bridge Commander folder and opened it to manually adjust the resolution, new problem.  I open the game, and the BC folder greys out...and nothing happens.  The folder becomes reselected, like the game crashes before it can even start.  I turned down the resolution even further to 1024x768, same problem.  Returning to 1680x1050(via options) doesn't solve the problem either.

Windows 8 64-bit
16gb RAM
Ivy Bridge i7
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660m
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Resolution Issues, Game Now Not Starting
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:53:11 AM »
where exactly did you install BC?
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:07:17 AM »
My Documents>My Games
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 03:31:25 PM »
Try re-installing the game in its own folder in the root C: directory.