Author Topic: Uh. . . a little problem.  (Read 445 times)

Offline Alex1989

• Cookies: 0
Uh. . . a little problem.
« on: December 02, 2013, 11:11:30 PM »
My release of the Yamato class TMP BB will take a little longer than expected, I messed up the hard points, if have any tips on phaser placement (DRIVING ME NUTS!!! :banghead:) or hardpointing in general let me know, I am a beginner HPer, still not good at it but willing to learn. :)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: Uh. . . a little problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »
are you using MPE?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
what seems to be the problem ? as Hobbs asked , are you using MPE (Model Property Editor) ? I believe I replied in the other topic about BC weapons limitations ;) as I mentioned I already tried to make a faithful Yamato for BC in 2008/09 so I can help you with many things concerning this ship ;)

Offline Alex1989

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 07:40:49 PM »
Phaser placements, I try to place the phasers in the correct place but, when I test fire them the phasers are a bit off, i.e. to the left, right or too high. Yes I am using MPE, but as I have stated, I am a beginner, What I need is a way to determine the X,Y and Z coordinates on a model to precisely place systems and weapons.

for example: phaser bank turret 1 is at. . say, X a.000, Y b.000, Z c.000, I have to guess what are the coordinates of the bank turret on the model, I have tried using my mouse to place it on the right spot, after triple checking it is in the right spot, in the game it out of place. I need a way to find coordinates on the model, preferably by placing the mouse cursor on the correct spot, if possible.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 03:32:59 AM »
I think there's something wrong with the model, I bet you won't be able to see any glows on or ambient lighting on it and it won't damage in game :P If I remember correctly there's something wrong with faces, I think they are flipped, you need to go through porting again because this model will never work properly ;) I had the same problem when I was porting ME / SFC3 ships to BC.

When locating coordinates and then pasting them into coord brackets are they always the same for one spot ? or do they change even if you click on the same spot ?